Damn, that was harsh, Philip . :)
The site appears to be back up and running now. Not sure why it was out.
I did the case match with a shop towel shoved down by the connecting rod. It took 3 smaller sections of the towel to get it fit in there nice and tight while still allowing room for me to work on the case. After I was finished, I held the engine upside down over a garbage can and pulled the shop towel pieces out. I then reached in there to wipe out any tiny pieces. Nothing made it behind the towel, but there were still a few pieces in the area that I cut out. As soon as I wiped them out with my hand, it was good to go. I double checked everything on the bench afterwards and I didn't see any indication of material making its way into the engine.
This build is fun because I was able to order everything I needed in one shot...since I'm spending someone else's money.