19mm dellorto w/ 65 metra

Alright, I know there's a bunch of posts on jets, and that there's a spreadsheet on tuning. But I bought a 65 metra kit, boss pipe, and up jetted my stock 12mm bing, and there isn't anything i can find with the 19mm phgb. The performance is pretty good (it keeps up with a 65 metra with a proma and a 14mm bing) but looses power on the top end, meaning it stays at the same RPM. So my question is, what jet sizes should I look at? It's already broken in. so no need to up jet like crazy. What is better, the PHGB AS, or DS? Thanks!!!!!

Re: 19mm dellorto w/ 65 metra

I'm a little lost on your question. I'd try to get a bing dialed in before i'd move on to a phbg. just upjet until you four stroke, then go back down.

I have that exact set up.

I'm at sea-level, and I run an 85 main jet and a 38 idle, needle in the stock position. I love it.

get the PHBG BS and use the rubber coupler (no leaks).

The problem with the bing is that i'm not getting enough air and gas, even though i have the right ratio of each. It is a little confusing. Thanks everybody!!!

dude dont run a 12mm bing thing on your metra lol

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Get the 19mm PHBG. You won't regret it. I'm hitting low 50s with a 65 metra, 19mm PHBG, 16x40 gears, and a techno boss on a magnum (big and heavy, but stable). If I put the engine on my kromag or maxi, and geared it at 18x36, I'd be hitting 60 I bet.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Thanks again you guys, i'll get an order in to Treats soon 4 sure!!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account