ideas on performance mods to stock magnum xk

picked up a magnum xk. looking to start some performance modifications and too broke to kit it just yet because it cost me an arm and a leg. any ideas on cheap mods i can do easily to start with?

Re: ideas on performance mods to stock magnum xk

start with a expansion pipe + upjetting = speed.

a bigger carb, a high flow air filter and an upjet, and a nice bi-turbo exhaust if you can afford one... also, check the pressure in your tires.. keep 'em full to the specs on your bike... makes a big difference. also check your bing carb... the long pin that slides up and down when you twist the throttle probably has notches in it with a little spring clip... you can adjust it to a different notch, preferably raising the pin up, allowing higher flow of fuel/air at full throttle... i rode my mini maxi 4 months with a top speed of 25, until i found out about that... 5 minutes, one notch, and it would go 31 or 32 flat, quicker off the line, and stronger up hills.

Ducking helps too, if you're on a ramen noodle budget

full tuck!!!!!

haha "nice bi-turbo exhaust"

awesome.

but go to ebay, and look up treats HQ, or 1977moped.com. or mopedshop.com. Commence drooling.

whats a really nice pipe even if its costly that i can buy to put on with my stock engine that i wouldn't have to replace eventually once i kit it in the future? or is that even possible?

also does anyone know where to get a metra 65 kit? treats doesnt have em and 1977 only has the 64 polini reed valve kit which i heard were better but more temper mental

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account