Check THIS shit!

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Foreign_language_moped_dictionary

Linda recently created this wiki page to compile a list of foreign moped words. This information is _incredibly_ valuable for those of us trying to catch up to the Dutch tuners, as well as finding cool, new, or hard-to-find parts from foreign distributors/dealers.

I read http://puchforum.net occasionally, and in their international section, there was a basic list of some moped words translated from Dutch to English. I edited that info into the wiki, but I then made a post on puchforum last night inviting them to help contribute to our wiki page. Well, not 24 hours later, they had the Dutch and German columns almost COMPLETELY filled out!

Mad props to Rodka, Schumey, and Kees for their contributions!

I would encourage the members of La Resistance to get to work filling out the French section, as I'm sure it would help to have a single source for this informations. In the same vein, I would encourage Minarelli tuners to get to work on the Spanish section, so that we can make more solid connections and order parts from our central and south american parts dealers/distributors.

Re: Check THIS shit!

This is rad! It's usually a big pain to translate the pages on the Dutch sites and even then the translations suck. Good job.

If someone has problems with translating german, just ask me ;)

Great idea! Japanese next? haha

The Dutch kids are really good at speaking English, just post a question on any of the sections on Puchforum in English and they come right back with your answer...very friendly sorts.

Is top dead center, in spanish, really "PMS (punto muerte superior)". If so that's awesome.

what do you need from japan?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

brand new av10 motobecanes?

I'm reluctant to talk about it here since it's a scooter, but I want a complete back end for my Gyro. The Japanese versions have differentals and CVT.

Mauvescorpion, there's a Gyro with a busted engine on Pittsburgh craigslist for 85 dollars:

"link":http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/895080495.html

I'm sure you're dead-set on importing Gyro parts from Japan at great personal expense, but just in case...

I see that there are some new words in the list, I'll do those ASAP.

If any of you every need to know a word, just put it in the list and notify me.

Done

Twingle-

Thanks for the link! Saw that one today.

I already have a running Gyro, so importing from Japan is hypothetical at this point.

Some french words. Didn't figure out how to add them to the sheet.

Vilebrequin = crank

bas-moteur = bottom-end

CDI = CDI

allumage = lighting

haut-moteur = top-end

pneu = tire

embrayage = clutch

entrainement = drive train

roue = wheel

le mob = how the cool kids say moped

motobecane = you wont find jack under motobecane. motobecane turned into MBK. Warning you now, its all 99% av10/51v stuff. All the kick ass performance parts will be under MBK.

echappement = exhaust

pot = exhaust

poulie = pulley. clutch-pulley is poulie d'embrayage :]

while Im thinking of it..

bobine = coil

jantes = common word for 'wheels'

freins = brakes

frein a disque = disc brake

carter moteur = engine case / crank case / what have you. Literally translates to "Shoes of the Prostitute"

Sweet. I added those in, or as many as I could. I didn't do bobine or allumage by themselves, but would "lighting coil" be "bobine d'allumage"? I also didn't do drive chain, I guess just because I'm being lazy. I'll go do that later, but you wouldn't happen to know any specific drive-train parts, would you (belt, chain, sprocket, etc)?

To add stuff, well, I put instructions on the talk page, but basically you just find the word you want to add a translation for. Under that, there'll be this (I'm leaving out the symbols because I don't think they'll show up if I put them in):

|-

[[word]]

|Dutch (or Dutch translation)

|German (or German translation)

|French

|-

You just erase the "French" line and all the symbols EXCEPT for the "|" which leaves you with:

|-

[[word]]

|Dutch (or Dutch translation)

|German (or German translation)

|(French translation)

|-

*drive train

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

jyama dayo!

Who Dean? Who is in your way?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account