kickstand woes

ok so when i mounted the technigas r up to my arrow r i had to fab a bracket instead of buying one and my pipe restricts my kickstand from going all the way up resulting in scrapage when i lean it over in the turns. now what can i do if i eliminate the kickstand. I want like a side stand or somthing i do need some sort of stand for when i park it at work. At home i keep it on one of my dirtbike stands. could i use a mountain bike kickstand and mount it to the swinger or frame? or any other suggestions.

Re: kickstand woes

Lean it against a wall.

I made two for a Streetmate R and a Revival. Pictures of it are posted on the MRA website, just search Sidestand and it should come up. An Arrow is shorter than a Streetmate, you could just try the one for the smaller Tomos. 1977 sells them.

Im pretty sure it is illigal to have a sidestand on a bike without some spiffy sensor that has something to do with your engine and ignition or something.

illegalshmeleegal i dont care the cops wont care

thanks man the quarter kick one will be the right length? and stiff rigth like spring wise it wont flap up and down over bumps

John Joedicke /

If it does flap on you, just remove a couple of coils from the spring and rehook up. More tension.

k thanks man

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account