Re: how many miles/hrs are a Polini kit good for?

i knew a 50cc racing pro that changed his cylinder and rings like every couple of races. he's got drawers full of pistons and cylinders, all marked up with sharpie indicating the hot points and wear marks, carbon buildup, squish zones. He's got binders full of info on engine setups based on track, weather condition, temperature, etc....(he takes meticulous notes).

according to him, these cheap race kits ($250 may not seem cheap to you or me, but pro racers will spend thousands) these cheap kits were made to be raced only a couple of times before being thrown away.

I'm approaching 9,000 miles on my Polini.

mopeds were made to be used only a couple of times before they where meant to be thrown away.

shit talkin' hippy /

true elliot, haha! Jawa, Kinetic, Batavus... case and point. But ya know they can be "fixed" and we all love to ride 'em... just things like Mobys, Peugos, Vespas and Puchs.. etc, well were built for just a couple _more_ times, haha

shit talkin' hippy /

Er, and Minerelli a few times too I supose... but yeah Derbi! alot more times

shit talkin' hippy /

My kitted Metra derbi with 16 Dellorto and one of those blue stinger pipes, rocked WOT for over 100 miles from Richmond to DC at 4 in the morning. Tailgating trucks blastin well over 60... Derbi.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account