Attention express tuners: another carb option

So I was was digging through my parts dealers bin o' carbs the other day and came out with this carb stamped "Pacco Mikarb VM16". It had about the same bolt pattern as the express carb/intake, plus it was a 16 with a HUGE air intake so I took it home for like 10 or 15 bucks or something. It was dirty as all get out and the check valve wa stuck, but other than that all I had to do to get it to work was move the holes inward like a mm or two on each side and fiddle with the fender bracket a litte, and it went on like gravy. A little internet research says that Mikarb is an Indian knock off of the Mikuni, so I assume one of those would work. What I would like to find out now is if mikuni jets work in them, I hope so, but I guess I will just have to try it out and see. Anyway, even with like 7 layers of pantyhose to richen up the mixture, its a major improvement over stock, top and bottom.

This is the guy I got.

http://www.paccoindia.com/explodedview/P-60HW.html

It came of a Puch Winner they scrapped.

Re: Attention express tuners: another carb option

Thanks for the tip, dude. I'll be looking to upgrade my Gyro carb in the future, and I think that they share the same 35 mm bolt pattern with the Express.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account