Any proformance carbs for a Hobbit?

I have a 78 Honda Hobbit that I am contemplating selling vs. fixing up. I just cleaned the old carb and it runs, but not that great. Are there any proformance carbs out there for these things? I'm use to Dellortos and Bings, never messed with this type. I found some new replacement ones on ebay, but couldn't find any proformance ones. Any thoughts?

Re: Any proformance carbs for a Hobbit?

There is a 21mm kit from malossi, ask treats on ebay, I think he still has them in stock. But to use that you would need a bigger cylinder and a performance pipe too.

If its the yellow hobbit, it should go 30 stock, I'm guessing the carb just needs a good cleaning.

Peter sez those carbs are made of magic and marshmallows. Keep the carb stock is the word on the street!

peter knows his shit no denying that but I switched to the hobbit carb kit from treats and noticed a HUGE difference in performance 3 jets is good stuff

I'll be traveling to MIchigan from Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. I may be interested in the bike as a whole, I could pay now

(cash, nothing to trade) , and pick up then. Shot me an email...

Hey Hawkster, if you make it down to Madison we should ride. I have an express I have been making fast.

My bad, I meant to reply to a post about a Hobbit.

TheLeftenant ~ sounds good, but probably won't be til it warms up here. Hwy 12 won't be much better than 90/94, maybe I'll trailer it down.

yea the big carb kit gives you more usable low/mid revs and zooms and rips. it also increases gas milage and throttle response.. but does not increase your top speed.

Is your Hobbit the 20mph PA50I model or the 30mph PA50II model?

I wouldn't bother re-carbing a PA50I model.

It's a PA50 II

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account