sachs 80cc reed valve kit

Just ordered it. I know the clutch is gonna be an issue, but ill worry about that later. The seasons coming to an where im at so I'm startin the winter project. The motors out and ready to be case matched and what not, just waiting on the gaskets to get it all marked up. I need help on choosing a carb for this setup though. Im leaning towards the Del 21mm Race or the 19mm Race carb. I hear Del's are good carbs and I really like the black color of it, it matches my new paint scheme perfectly.. So any input would be great.

Thanks,

John

Re: sachs 80cc reed valve kit

21mm oko

hella cheaper

How are the OKO's for tuning? I know they are a lot cheaper but don't wanna run into issues with finding/having access to jets.

Go oko 21 maybe even 24. Jets aren't an issue. You can use khein jets or how ever you say it. The problem will be making an intake if that's a problem. I haven't heard a bad thing about them.

your intake on that kit is 19mm, right? 19mm race dellorto dude.

making an intake would not be an issue, so maybe an OKO is the way to go for value. I think I remember reading something about a "power jet" or something though for more fueling at high rpm's??? how does that work and can anyone running a OKO explain how that works or if that is even a real thing?

Well most learn by Trial & Error plus reading a lot.

The OKO is the best bam for the buck.

will definitely consider that route. I keep hearing that treats has jets for the OKO, but haven't seen any on his store, but did find a main jet set from other ebay sellers for like 20 bucks or something ranging in size from 100 - 1XX or something, dont remember exactly what they go through. Treats also said under the description for the OKO that different needle and pilot jets are available too but have not seen them anywhere on ebay, nor could I find them elsewhere online. Any one know where to hunt em down? Though it may be cheaper, I really wanna make sure theres availability to tune with this kit, since I hear its kind of tricky to dial in.

Thanks for the input guys.

There are main, idle, and needles for tuning. I believe the power jet is on the 24 only if Im not mistaken. Which I think you should run with a four petal reed cage. Put Sachs on the map! Hes out of stock but im sure he'll get more. Talk to the Sacramento guys they've been tuning those carbs for a while.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account