whos running the 4 petal on their tomos?

need some intake ideas...

its pretty screwy how this thing is angled...

need pointers asap because lancaster ride is sunday.

thanks in advance

Re: whos running the 4 petal on their tomos?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Its a TIGHT fit. Work some angle magic. I'd take pictures if my brother's bike was here.

what about a MS paint rendering?

what carb is he running also?

shit talkin' hippy /

Hardware store, and think about it. if you have a spigot mount use a curved rubber piece flange thingy and plumbing clamps or two small straight pieces connecting a brass elbow if they don't have curved rubber, and if you have a clamp carb, bring your carb to the store, and find a piece of tubing you can clamp it to, then use rubber hosing and plumbing clamps againd and voila!

shit talkin' hippy /

not the same, but look at it... those plastic hose things work pretty good

shit talkin' hippy /

what 4 pedal are u guys talking about? hippy that looks like a gila kit??

i want to put a 4pedal intake and reed setup on my stock tomos and run a big carb on the stock a35 jug, but am under the impression the 4 pedal setups (for peugeot and puch polinis) won't work at all. I never lined it up tho.

i have a radiator elbow i am going o use but on a tomos cylinder the intake is sent right up into the frame...

so i have to contruct one with an opposite angle and a larger mouth... i have the 15mm id intake and a 21mm carb

the malossi one....

thats what i am talking about anyway...

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

it fits! I'll email my brother and see if he can post some pics.

rad i'm gonna do it!

yup it fits. Elliot I don't know if you looked at my girls bike, but it's an a35 kit on a puch e50 with malossi 4 petal for puegoet. It rips too. Geared out it's definitely a 60 plus set up for super cheap. I'm getting an a35 cylinder that I am going to do the same thing with.

your girl gidget?

a35 top on e50 with malossi 4 petal is the same setup i'm doing

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

If its going on a tomos frame, you gotta make a custom intake and its not the greatest flow ever because the fit is so tight, but it does work.

We actually had to take out 2 of 3 engine bolts to get it on there with a hose clamp for the carb because it was so tight.

yeah, the set-up works better on a puch actually, cause the cylinder doesn't angle up. It's tight in there with a tomos.

Hey, this is zack's bro, Nick I had to replace the bolts provided with the reeds with hex bolts. The intake I made was not angled enough, but with zack's help, we got it on. We used radiator hose between the intake and the carb. haha also, please ignore the obscene amount of J-B weld. It was a major time crunch to get this ped running for the creatures rally. Enjoy and good luck. Angle that intake like crazy.

crap sorry, forgot to resize and cant figure out how to delete my post... This is what I meant to do:

Hey, this is zack

wowza...

now i am even more worried lol

does it rip?

shit talkin' hippy /

eliot, yeah I said it's not the same, but I was just showing the hose clamp thingy's and rubber hose stuff, yup yup, vroom

yes, my bike rips. Sorry typo, RTV, not J-B weld to seal up those air leaks at the intake. Like I said, it was a rush job to get the bike together before the rally. I am running a heavily modified stock cylinder with a modified estoril. Easily hits 45. Good luck with the modifications. It's a tight fit, but well worth the work.

k... ill have an update tomorrow on how it goes

This is exactly what i want to do! Is that the mollosi 4 petal intake in that pic? Does anyone know what angle that it will point at on an a35 jug and bottom end? Not worried about clearing the frame just worried its gonna point down.

nope straight up is the problem dude

get your intake on and come to ohio

casting at the end of this week i think

youre gonna cast one? how did you make molds?

cool i'm gonna do this, on my bike, tommy did u port ur lady's bike out, or is the setup literally, an e50 +stock a35 top end + 4pedal + big carb +pipe?

cheers, i'm trying to get a bit more speed from my tomos, right now it goes exactly 40-41mph at tip top speed, with a biturbo, 20t rear sprocket, stock unported jug, and the 14:12 carb with 53 jet. it has the 4 coil iskra cdi and a removed oil injector, so far i'm really satisfied with the results but i needs a bit more power to get up the hills in 2nd riding doubles, so i can't have any setup that makes me lose lowend.

how was the power difference between the stock carb setup and the 4 pedal phbg setup, any loss of lowend?

I will not kit this bike.

i bet you could port it pretty sick if you switched to a circuit pipe and decked your head. keep the bottom end and gain quite a bit of topend.

Elliot, her bike has a kit, and is geared. Its a mean machine. It has stock gearing on it, if geared out it would probably hang with your polini. I was just using it as an example to show that the 4 petal fits right on the tomos cylinder. Even though its a kit, its set up the same way as the stock a35 cylinder.

I bet you wouldnt lose any low end if you slapped a 4 petal and 19 on there. Ditch the biturbo though. Its terrible for low end.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account