Re: Finaly upgrading my hobbit. 70cc, 21mm carb

I just got a DR kit for my PA50II and have been running a LeoVince pipe on it. Does anyone know which set of Boyesen reeds I should run with this setup. Light #6108 or Heavy # 712?

heavy.

I run the best hobbit pipe: proma circuit.

Now i run a Delorto 2 jet 19mm PHVA oval-bore scooter carb with a custom intake and a drilled out jet somewhere in the 93 area with 2 layers of pantyhose. The jetting is absolutely perfect and it rips everywhere. low end is crushing. Modded stock variator and PA501 weights. DR kit and proma circuit.

55mph+ all day.

Man i wish i had gears.

Working on tuning the clutch next.

Yeah that thing went past me on Leonard street this summer like I was dragging an anchor. I'm hoping for at least 45 mph with my 220 lbs on it. I'll be running the stock carb for a while.

rick i forgot.. do you have a Leo?

the malossi kit will absolutely smash with a Leo, my good friend Matt Aberlie has this setup and with PA501 weights its untouchable to about 46-47mph.

let me know if you wanna set up a chance to give it a spin, we'll both be at moped monday this upcoming week since the weather is supposed to be awesome!

our bikes have very different and distinct powerbands, give em both a rip to see what kind of direction you want to take yours.

I picked up the Leo this summer. This fall I put PA50 rollers in and get a lot better hole shot and downshift on hills but it doesnt transition to the higher ratio fast enough. I ran a 1/4" drill through a PA50II set which should be a little heavier but haven't had a chance to put them in yet. I doubt that i'll get down to Founders any more this fall. Time to do some home maintenance. The peds will be going in the basement soon for cleanup, tweaking & DR installation on the black one..

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account