who choked up cash for that twisty float bowl?

I just did. 30 bucks is expensive as shit, but it just seems worth it. No more spilling float bowls of gas, you can just drain it so easy and 30 second jet changes! sheeeeeeeeeiiiitttttt! anyone have one? what's your take? will it be tuners paradise like I imagine?

Re: who choked up cash for that twisty float bowl?

you shoulda just got the race one. come with that, plus twist off top, plus its black. = all you just said + easy needle change + racer status.

Tyler Jacobson /

i give it an A+

my carb is only 16mm, I didn't think they made race versions for 16mm. I got my for pretty cheap as well.

It was on 1977 for $19 for a while...and then treats for like $18...I shoulda grabbed one! :(

Tyler Jacobson /

the clear one is fun

100% totally worth it. good move dallas. change jets like a nascar pitstop while all those other losers are messin' with four screws and spillin gas on their shoes.

Frostback Ditch /

I got one one I don't even have a PHBG, lol

and god bless it i love me some nascar!

Who changes jets?

Got a clear one for my 21mm phbg for 18 bucks.. Nice.. So nice for jetting

I heard if your gas contains 10% ethanol like it does here in OR (they just lace our gas with it out of the pump) those clear float bowls eventually melt. Just something a kid here in PDX claims to have gone through. shrug

patience is a virtue, jake.

derbeez ryderz /

just get a gurtner theyr'e even easier to change jets with

shit talkin' hippy /

haha, Mad maxi is right on that, hahahah

The Mikuni VM20 comes with the main jet right on the bowl-- love it.

Be careful not to get any carb cleaner on it. I spayed mine with a little carb cleaner and the sides melted in. I love the idea of those bowls but there wasn't a lot of thought put into making them.

Yeah mine melted from the inside out. I turned my gas on and it started overflowing and the bowl was so misshaped that the float wouldn't float its now a nice milky white color. the ethanol in gas just dissolves that plastic for some reason

I had one, was way too sweet, I spent hours upon hours staring at it, letting more gas into it, until I would drain the tank dry, watching floats move up and down made me giggle and cry with joy, but them sweet moments are gone now thanks to 10% ethanol in 89 octane that our lovely gas pumps here in Nebraska offer! Bowl is bent out of shape now and I'm heartbroken :(

I love mine. I can't imagine I'd get much tuning done if I had to take all four screws out every time.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

i prefer the metal race bowls over the plastic ones. they cost about the same and you don't have to worry about it cracking or melting.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

The plastic ones bow over time, and leak. I thought my jetting was all wrong. Just turned out that I was getting air in though the float bowl, and it was messing shit up. Threw the plain ol' black plastic one back on and it was fine.

If anyone wants to buy a bent one, it's all yours. E-mail me. haha

Can you buy one made out of polycarbonate (LEXAN)?

I want one made out of boron...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account