21mm race Dellorto to big 4 polini kit?

Subject syas it all. Is the 21mm to much foor the polini??? Trying to locate a 19mm race but unable to find

Re: 21mm race Dellorto to big 4 polini kit?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

no. It works fine. Check the tuning sheet. I ran a 21 for months and it was fast and actually easier to dial in than my 19.

You could run a 19mm on a stock cylinder. Over-carburetion is a myth.

Agreed. The only time you might be over-carburated is if your carb flowed more than your reed cage could flow. In which case you would just need a bigger reed cage.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

curious tommy, how would you determine how much a reed cage can flow. Like could a typical malossi 4 petal handle a 24mm? It'd think yes, but theres probably some math or something behind it.

Theres math for it. Its in Bells two stroke tuner book I believe. Shaw was kind of explaining it to me one day. I believe a malossi 4 petal could handle it. I know shaw has a 24 on a malossi 4 petal. I dont know if he did the math for it, but the bike rips, but maybe the reed cage isnt take full advantage of the carb, but in that case I think it does.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

ok cool. look out for some neat stuff coming soon!

I am curently running a 21mm dellorto phbg on my 50 50 morini project and it has never run better . Stock modified reed cage IS holding me up ? Mid 40s are a normal range but the solid 50 mph on flat ground is tough. Im 240 lbs , anyhow the 21mm phbg is going to help get my 50cc morini to the end goal , I have no dought .

I hope you are putting a mikuni on a polini. I have been waiting to see the results.

tomo parma? yes please.

tomo parma is old news. blows polini's outta the water.

never run your polini in water

how is the polini/simo? does it require a hack job?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

fits fine no hack but no pedals. Performance is marginally (like 1 mph) better than n8p, but worse cause you cant pedal.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account