Re: 70cc kstar

Jt; do not run fully advanced.

yea, it's running rich right now... current have an 88 on there...

Why cooper. I am running a point gap of .016 and full advanced it seems to run best this way. no heat fade that I can notice.

here is the bike.

1228015020_magnum2.jpg

running mine slightly off of full adv with a .018 gap. Doing great.

Matthew Verdes /

Have aquestion, a few actually that if anyone could help out with I'd really appreciate it. So this is my third kit slapped the first one one after a full rebuild of the bottom end. Did a crude case match, came out ok. Put on new seals bearings stuffed race crank the whole deal,step by step. Didn't do any porting other than the chamerf everyone notes. Gapped the ring. Upped the spark pug to a 7. 15 mil. Bing 75 jet. Needle set in the middle. Puch large black pipe. Powerdynymo cdi. Set at like 3-4 degrees bdc. Ran cool no problems, regular maintenance. Thing great 45-47 on Flatts. Great power off the start. Even 50 going down hill. I live in a very hill environment. Ran great for at least 700 miles conservative estimate. Until a loose exhaust bolt caused a small pebble to get sucked it there and completely destroyed the kit

Totally my fault. Nothing bad at all to say about the kit.

Got the new kit did the normal procedure off I went all was great till it just died boom had nothing. Took it back thinking it's probably a spark issue.checked it out good spark, carb clean. Took it a part. Had a loose engine studd. Witch caused it to cease. Again, my fault. Got another. Checked everything and can't get it turn over. I'm thinking I might need a new crank. It's not turning as easy as it has in the past, and u can't see anything that would restrict the piston. Everything it the same.. the crank has a little side to side action. Maybe an of an inch. I know the needle bearring is shot and will replace. But should I get a new crank? Bearings and the whole bit... Or risk loosing another cylinder. Or is there anything else I might be missing that I haven't covered. Any Help is is much appreciated

And what is your gearing?

Matthew Verdes /

16 front standard puch snow flake on the back. Never counted the teeth.

Matthew Verdes /

An 1/8 of an inch of play in the crank. Sorry for misprint.

Alex Hedrick /

This is what happens when I go wide open... it just bogs out.. I'm stumped!

Hard to tell. At what throttle position does the bog start? It sounds lean.

Wait I am so confused you posted here and in the other thread and now made a rebuild thread? (edited)

Alex Hedrick /

It's all good until I go wide open and it does that..

i may have plan set and what I'm going to do. I just made a thread called "re-working the jawa/e50 build"

I'm waiting on a few parts so I can get started. But I'd like any input or any ideas!

Alex Hedrick /

Haha yes. Sorry, I jumped the gun posting here, but I figured why not post here cause it is a k-star 70cc. I just like to hear back from people that are as into this as I am..

Didnt mean to spam MA :/

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account