Bad idea to kit kickstart e50?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I read in a couple different posts people saying never to kit any kickstart engines. But I've also seen people with kits of them who don't seem to complain. So, what's the deal?

Re: Bad idea to kit kickstart e50?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Specifically, I was going to put an 80 gila on a kickstart e50 for my crazy magnum project. Good? Bad?

shit talkin' hippy /

good

milwaukeedave /

good, i mean all the dutch have kick start e50s and those things are kitted beyond belief

I think the fear is that high compression will shear the kicker gears in due time. I am having a kicker kitted as we speak and am considering having the compression lowered a tad as preventative modification. But idk, I'm not really afraid my engine will break considering the builder, and might just shut up all together.

shit talkin' hippy /

put in a decomp, if that's what you're woried about

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Sweet, I'mma do it then. The kickstart puch gears look like they can take some decent abuse. I'm not too worried.

theyve been kitting dirt bikes foryears. and most of, if not all are kick starts.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Should be ok. The gears aren't really what you need to worry about, its the return spring on the kick shaft. Ask me how I know that.

Good news is parts are available.

How You know that ?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

har har

polini done broked it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account