Dellorto 16.16 high flow air filter?

Is there a such thing as a high flow air filter for a dell sha 16.16? Ive been looking, but i can only find ones for the bigger dellortos phgb. If anyone finds one, plz links it to me : ) Thx Man these damn things are fun.

Re: Dellorto 16.16 high flow air filter?

Bret mentioned yesterday that you can go to a motorcycle shop and get a foam filter that will match up but that you usually have to buy them in pairs...

hey, i sell filters that will fit...it's a Unipod with the correct ID for SHAs. I have no clue as to why most moped shops DON'T carry these.

I am in need of a sha 15:15 high flow air filter. How much e-mail me

Yeah it's wierd. I'm gonna hit my local motorcycle shop to see how much they are chargin before I decide to pay for shipping... So it's a 2 and 1/14 size according the Maitland...

I got one from joep and it does the trick.

that's gonna be huge for my setup... Its got to fit in between the engine and the frame...

Your bike is rad by the way...

How would it fit on a puch maxi? The carb doesnt have much room onit.

I don't think it would fit at all... but that is just an observation. I would hate to buy one and it not fit...

How does it fit on a maxi with a dellorto setup Joe?

Anyone found a k&n that fits on the 16/16? Right now i've been using the metal disc filter with the metal screens, and it works..but the metal screens break on occasion, and my pant leg gets sucked into the intake frequently.

I guess what im really asking is...what is the OD on the 16/16..im at work now and can't check

-Shadow

get tighter pants

j/k

according to Bret its 2 1/14 which sounds wierd to me. maybe he meant 2 1/4?

First link under "tapered oval one's not available it says "Flange Inside Diameter: 2.25 in (57 mm)" that would do it... Right?

This one looks good...

3.5" diameter outside, 4.5" length, 2.25 inner diameter... I think it might fit. Also Autozone sells these which is pretty rad...

Autozone sells it??? I was in there just yesterday lookin for it, perhaps i'll have to go back.

Not sure why the link doesn't work for ya just search for RC-1900

-Shadow

Well the autozone near me doesn't have it, maybe the one near me at work will.

-Shadow

Will this fit on a puch maxi with a dellorto carb 16?

Its only 2 inches in height

Yeah. That's our best bet I think. Its the RC-1900. I'm gonna see if my local Autozone has one and check it out...

me too lol.

37 bucks for tht thing!!!!

yeah, but money is not object when it comes to mopeds... ;)

That's not a peice of sh*t cardboard fall apart filter either.

You can just take it off and clean it up without needing to replace ever.

So you only have to spend that 37 dollars once.

Plus it looks bad ass!

-Joe

I'm with you, plus it's only 20 bucks more than the ones you buy from treats or whatever. I spend 20 bucks in 20 minutes at the bar and have nothing to show for it but a hangover...

You better know i'm getting the short round one with the chrome top for my 16/16 Sha carb!!!! -Joe

yeah but the k&n will last you a life time. it gets clogged you just hit it up with a recharge kit. I had an old K&N that i have had forever, still cleaned up nice and worked perfectly

i cant find any local shops with anything with 2 1/4

i'd really like to try it out first to see if it has precisely the amount of resistance that i need.

-Shadow

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account