Flandria Bermuda

Just got a sweet 82 Flandria Bermuda, and I dunno what the hell to do with it. It runs great, 30 mph, good low and high performance (in my opinion). The clutch feels like it might be modded (though probably not) in the same way you mod a Batavus centrifugal clutch, so that it kicks in at higher rpms, idles well, and takes hills effectively.

Where do I get a manual for one of these? I don't even now what kind of engine I have on it. It runs an s33 encarwi (cleanER than the day it was purchased) and what looks like a stock pipe.

Anybody have any idea where I can get repair info on it and parts that fit? She's running well though, so the real question is, what can I do to get this moped going forty? Pipes? Jets? Mill job? Gapping? Airfilter?

Re: Flandria Bermuda

I thought there might not be many answers to this...

BUMP

BUMP

Pics?

Its a moped, if you have the tools you can fab anything onto it.

Any idea what the motor is?

I think I went on vacation there once.

"look like this?": http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/flandria/thumbnails/tnFlandria_Bermuda.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/flandria/index.htm&h=85&w=125&sz=7&hl=en&start=1&usg=__aQ79kZVZSxNMV9rr5x9uCyIUUTI=&tbnid=DLZEtkU_ntqS5M:&tbnh=61&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFlandria%2BBermuda%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

looks like a french or Italian bike possible variated. if not getting an expansion chamber on is easier to do. if it is it might be pretty hard. if u own a moby check if that exhaust will work if it does there r some nice but pricey options.

actually looked at another pic getting a pipe on shouldn't be that hard if u have access to a welder.

they have flandria motors......they are good peds, kinda like a moby 40 but with a better frame......I had a nice one mine was a 76.....sold it to some older guy near here that was bugging me for a ped....theres a picture of mine in my profile

BUMP because we just found one of these in Boston. I just gave it over to Mars for "modification".

the picture is flipped. Looks like the pulley on this one makes the bike single variated without the engine moving. The bigger pulley moves away from the bike causing the belt to ride up on the pulley.

As far as making the bike go faster. 30mph is frankly amazing on a Bermuda. I've heard on good faith that these things will only do 20mph MAX! Its because of a law in Bermuda requiring mopeds to be limited to 20mph because it's a completely flat island.

Triped dave said he got one of these going 22mph after working his magic on it.

The transfers are tiny and actually go through the piston. Weird stuff. And the bolt pattern is funky and off center.

If you really want the bike to go faster consider mounting a motobecane engine on it. It seems like it could be done with minimal brackets on the top end. The mounting on the head is exactly like motobecane but only a slightly different size. But also a puch e50 shouldn't be too hard either being as the back mounts of the engine are basically sheet metal just waiting to be drilled.

Hope this helps! Also Mars, if you're reading this: Post some of those pictures you took of the bike.

Photo on 2012-04-05 at 13.45.jpg

flandria's are rad and worth a bit to the right folks. but yea, performancewise, those bermuda's aren't it.

are they really from (sold in) bermuda or is that just a name?

i need to know more about this rear pulley? does it articulate? what kind of linkage is it on?

I'm going to be working on this thing tonight so ill take plenty of good pictures. Graham, it really does seem that this one may be dual variated and that the rear pulley actually expands like any other dual variated rear pulley.

I wanted to ask around about that actually; isn't there some vintage performance pulley for motobecane or Peugeot that does the same? That was it called?

bump bump bump... I want to learn something about these Flandria jamz or strip it down and mount a V1 on it...

Mars™   Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm going to be working on this thing tonight so

> ill take plenty of good pictures. Graham, it

> really does seem that this one may be dual

> variated and that the rear pulley actually expands

> like any other dual variated rear pulley.

>

> I wanted to ask around about that actually; isn't

> there some vintage performance pulley for

> motobecane or Peugeot that does the same? That was

> it called?

RGD Concept made the Pug/Moby rear vario. There is not a name for it so it is just called RGD variated pulley.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account