peugeot 103 carb & variator replacement

Hey need to replace the carb on my peugeot 103 and was wondering what would be the best replacement. everything is stock on it right now but I also need to replace the variator and was looking at just another stock one. any and all input would me great.

Re: peugeot 103 carb & variator replacement

Get a sha 15.15 carb as well as a matching intake with new reeds and you will be set and considerably faster.

you'll need new cables too! Those old gurtners have removable narps too big to fit in a dellorto. Puch throttle cables work.

get the cable choke model, so you can still use your handlebar control.

or just file down the gurtner knarp

Thanks guys

the bigger problem i have is the variator.

I picked up the ped not working. after i got it to run with the stock carb acting up a little but still working, i thought i would take it out to the street to see how it rides. while pedaling to start it up the whole variator just pops off! I did not see that coming at all because i hadn't touched it since i got the ped and i had already started the bike up several times before taking to the street. i managed to gather up all the parts i could find. I'm pretty sure im missing the bolt thats holds it on (i've never had to fix a variator before so I'm not very familiar with all the parts) I think some other parts might be missing too. I thought the best idea would be to replace the whole thing.

so any ideas on what i might do about this. any posable good replacement for the stock variator?

I guess this should have gone in the repair forum

print out the repair manual from mopedriders.org and make sure you have all the parts. the stock variator is good and can be lightened to rip. if you are missing parts and are gonna get a new variator i'll buy the other parts off ya! as for the variator nut, moped warehouse might have it.

yeah, file it down a _lot_ !!

You can get a replacement variator, Benji's got a few to choose from, ask for a guru's assessment. If you're not itching to get it running immediately wait it out and see if someone sells a parts bike soon.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account