the techno boss doesnt fit

I just purchased a techno boss and it is not fitting right

I was running the bullet and that mounted up with no problems

im running a 1984 puch maxi

please help(im trying to put it on tonite so I can ride tomorrow)

thanks for any futur advice

Re: the techno boss doesnt fit

where does it not fit?

on the cylinder?

on the exhaust bracket?

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Get the moped it fits.

I can put it on the outside ofthebracket and the holes dont match up with out me filling some

I also tried putting it on the inside bracket but the pipe wont go all the way up the exhaust studs and the pipe touches the chain

exhaust brackets don't always line up right... that's moped parts for you. option one sounds good, start filing.

I just tried fitting a little more and I realized that if it mounts on the outside of the bracket then the pedals will chew it up and if it mounts on the inside the chain will chew it up so it must be the bends in the pipe are wrong

do u happen to have a puch magnum clyinder?

no cause I tried the pipe on all of my mopeds

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I had the boss on my maxi MKII and the exhaust mount at the rear didn't line up. Drilled a hole in the mount on the frame and it was perfect-o. Had the tab on the outside of the frame mount. Pedals cleared fine, but if I didn't keep my chain tight it would rub the pipe.

What model maxi is it on, because the exhaust mounts are different between the sport and the MKII and such...

well I own a maxi luxe and if I put it on the outside my pedals wont pedal.

ryan VanIddeking /

your cranks are bent

bum start?

i have one, it mounted up no problem.

the kickstand only comes off the ground a couple inches now though.. but that's because i have a ZA50.

I just put a nut betwwen the exhaust bracket and where it mounts to pus it out just a bit so that it wouldn't rub the chain.

Ive got the same problem, with a new athena kit for my Magnum.

The tab on the pipe is at least an inch pact the whole bracket.

Anyone ever delt with this or have some suggestions?

the problem is the mounting plate on the boss is turned to the side instead of dead on

post a picuter

Make it work. Sometimes you have to use a little creativity. Nothing with mopeds is ever "bolt on and go" if you want it it work right and last more than a month.

Bend your pedal arm away frome the pipe. Thats what I had to do.

yeah same here.... wrap it in towel so you don't scratch it then set in on your drive way and one or do hits with a mallet will bend it the whole 1/4 inch that you need

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account