90cc troubleshooting (mopagen)

Well I finally got around to installing the imperial kit today. It all went pretty well until I put the head and plug on to check for compression. Sure enough at tdc it stops, thought it was the plug, but no. It's hitting the head. I kinda don't feel like running 6 base gaskets or anything. Is there a head around I could use for it? Suggestions? Ideas? Anything?

Re: 90cc troubleshooting (mopagen)

Make a somewhat thick copper head gasket?

How are the port timings (i.e. at BDC are the transfer ports open all the way with the piston flush with the bottom of the transfers?) with just a single base gasket?

Intake is all the way open at bdc, and exhaust is all the way open at tdc.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

GooD luck .

I take 3 or 4 gaskets and put them together using "high tack spray" Or you have a cnc base plate made. Use clay to find what your clearance is might want go with low compression so the kit last they say. I run high compression cause I like the added power. Make your sure exhaust side is open not having the piston crown hanging out that would be very bad. You read the manual on tuning High Performance 2 two strokes engines if you haven't stop what your doing and go read that ASAP. Most high performance and after market parts are Not bolt on. The kits are made for a motor with a 40mm connecting rod. Your motor has a 42mm connecting rod. Ed

I didn't realize it was for a 40mm crank. I'll either use another gasket or throw the head on my lathe.

50cc.nl list the polini ... 70cc. Overseas all the minarellis "ithink" were 40mm connecting.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account