Custom expansion chamber

I made this overnight last night, still need to attach the silencer to it, and the rear hanger, inlet is bit too large, i'll rework it as soon as i get some gas for my welder, thing is size of the simonini pipe. Should be fun, fun!

1222380932_photo.jpg

Re: Custom expansion chamber

1222380994_photo2.jpg

sweet! how's in work?

Looks awesome! What kind of pipe dimensions did you fab it after, or did you calculate some?

it's very close to simonini, expansio. Chamber is slightly larger

sweetness...

-naz

cool. looks like it's made of flat lengths welded on egde? so not round, more geometrical? I'd thought about doing that before, but always balked at the quantity of welding involved. I bet it's super loud, even with a silencer... more info, please!

!!!!HUGE!!!!!

it's made out of stainless, it's one piece that had been notched for easier folding for each cone.

y havent u run it yet?

From what I can see that thing is has a much bigger expansion chamber than the simo. I dig it, looks a lot like some of the dutch kids drag bike pipes.

Way to take initiative, and I'm impressed you decided to make it out of ss. That dwell section looks really long, when dose your powerband hit?

Also you might want to fab up a silencer for that stinger before your neighbors come over in the middle of the night and kill you.

ya my neighbors haven't killed me but I have killed myself with noise polition , LOL I pissed off the she whole neighbborhood, lol

Cory (mrdr 133) /

tight my dude! tight!

that's how my dad wanted to weld pipes, notched to make the cones.

How's it run?

Forgot to add, that thing is bad ass!!!

Looks like it took a lot of work to make.

Runs good, still need to jet it, I have a feeling powerband is sky high, I still have ok bottom end

i think i should make one out of a milk carton. i think it would cost less to make one. haha

Here's finished product, i was going to do some tuning, but its bit chilly tonight, hey at least its nice and quiet!

1223529851_photo.jpg

Nice work, I'm impressed!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account