Any performance intake manifolds for A55?

Does anybody know of bigger intake I can get for my A55 tomos? The stock manifold is too small for my kit, but I can't seem to find any bigger ones? Are there any work arounds?

Re: Any performance intake manifolds for A55?

gotta make your own.

wont do much without a bigger carb

A55 engine is rev limited via CDI, so regurdless of how many cc's and how big your intake is, youll never break 40 unless you swap out the ignition or gear as tall as possible to keep rpm's down.

ya heard?~SABAT

and what would one replace the ignition with? a cdi unit from another ped?

BULL FUCKING SHIT!

I am going to straight out call massive bullshit on the idea that you wont break 40 on an a55 unless you swap out the cdi.

My old tomos went a SOLID 45, and was 50cc. I rode with a 70cc a55 and it blasted me in a BIG way...so I'm going to call massive bullshit on this.

oh, and if you make your own intake make two or three of them, you can sell the others with zero problems.

DO IT!

yea i got an a55 mine tops at 45

mine tops out at 45 too, but thats because i run a 24 rear sprocket.

haha maybe you should get a timing light and check out how the ignition timing works yourself.

auto advance, then auto retard at upper RPMS

go ask shaw what he thinks of the A55 CDI.

Ignorance is Fucking Bliss you jerk.

~SABAT!

Oh, I know it's limited. I know all about it. But to say that you absolutely will not break 40 without swaping it out is just insane. That was my point.

obviously you dont know what your talking about, i didnt swap mine out and it breaks 40 so either your ped tops at that or you just dont kon what your talking about

Regardless of gearing, your motor will hit a rev limiter at about 10,000 rpms. i have a 26 front/22 rear and i hit the rev limiter at about 52mph (GPS) going downhill.

I'd like to know who's hitting 10,000 rpm's?

There is a bunch of us reaching 10,000 rpm. Streetmate, streetmate r, and revivals with 26t front and 22t rear sprockets and a pipe of your choice. Shorten your pipe and the high speed is better. The rev limit is about 10,500 with speeds of 52 to 54 mph. Sprints, st and lx can only reach about 49 mph before hitting the rev limiter because of the size of the tire versus the larger bikes.

By the way, that's pretty fast with out a kit.

Brennan is right. my tomos hits 54.4 (and this isnt downhill either haha), 28 frnt, 22 rear, 64cc metrakit hevily ported, 21 mm dellorto with a 21mm alum custom intake, w8 needle and a custom simo exhaust. still looking for an a35 statpor to get rid of this rev limiting deal and a real 17inch rim (should get me up to shaw's 62+ mph. BTW Steven, did u ever get around to figuring out the rev limiting deal and how to circumvent it. I remember you were trying to figure it out? Also what timing light do you use.

I think shaw is doing 62+ on 50cc's. Heavily ported a35 jug. totally different league

that's so rad.

thge a55 jug is much more rad than the a35.

stock porting is better, imagine with a little work.

what did you do to get your a55 going that speed? i have a biturbo exhaust, a unipod air filter, #64 jet, it clocks around 45 on flat, and i have a 31tooth rear sproket.

let me know if there is any adjustments i can make to clock 50mph.

thanks a55 rules dude.....

hey guys i have a 31 right now hitting 45mph on straight road, if i change to a 28 rear will i have to change my chain, if so what will be the size chain to get, also does anyone know what the stock front sproket is for the tomos streetmate 2oo5 a55.....

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account