Forced air e50

thanks to soapscum aka ED for the idea. started work on a forced air cooled e50 today. like the V1. any thoughts? obviously there will be coweling and the fan will be thinner... after i get my new carb tuned i should be doing 50/50 without a kit. I was doing 47.3 gps on the flats with a 12mm bing and now upgraded to a 16mm Dellorto. thought i'd take it a step further and do this. so any comments/suggestions?

1222129587_s7000102.jpg

Re: Forced air e50

howed u get that fan to stay on there?

i put a nut on the inside attached to the fan

Fuck that...how did you do 47mph with a stock motor and that Bing?

Klen Kahdidlehopper /

The side facing out will need to have openings cut in it so the fan will have an intake. That style of blower fan draws its air in through the center and then throws it out where ever the cowling around it directs it. Since you have the original open end over the fly wheel it has no intake and will be less efficient than if you cut some openings in it.

11x30 gearing. motor is not stock. franco morini head. high compression. very very slighty enlarged intake and exhaust ports. polished intake and exhaust ports. modified tecno estoril exhaust. it gets up to top speed on the flats in about 8 city blocks to. very quick acceleration. soon i'll be switching to a 13 front sprocket as well

11 x 30? wtf whered u get that small rear sprocket and why did u choose a franco head

it's a custom bike. motobecane/motomarina sebring with a puch e50 motor. i got gear options up the butt. franco m01 was the stock motor. sold the complete stock motor but the guy i bought the bike from had the extra head so i threw it on there with a little modifying. only reason i chose it. but the performance gains were huge!

That fan will rob some horsepower

yeah i know. not cool. guess i'll just have to start making all of the rotating masses lighter. this is just more of an experiment to see if the engine really runs any cooler. chances are high that i won't end up keeping it on there

yeah, your title is just a bit misleading.

what were you thinking supercharged??????

hah, nice work garret. you should mention to people that you weigh 130lbs.

His bike really does do it folks. i saw it yesterday. it's fast.

we'll see how the fan thing works out. i'm gonna try to get a small impeller made to bolt onto the flywheel and have a new cover made for that to face the cylinder.

8 blocks is a millenia.

if that's a pic of the bike you built i'd guess 8 blocks is a millenia. i'll see really how many blocks it takes tomorrow. but how much did you pay for your ride? is your engine close to stock? mine is, and my total cost for everything is about $400. i'm guessing your build is easily $1000 plus. needless to say i'm more then pleased peter. but thanks

or maybe more like 1800? seeing as how you said 1200 would be a steal. don't get me wrong i love the bikes you build, but i'm doing near 50 and it doesn't take me a mile to get there on a near stock e50...

what were you thinking supercharged??????

>>>>>>

no i was thinking of JETS and fucking FANS on the back of the moped

i'll take a pic of something you'll like tomorrow then...

you should put a hamspter in there, then youll hit 50

already tried, didn't work

that won't really do anything... the fan that is. the fins are more than enough. for the fan to work the fins would need to be verticle and they aren't. you would at most just slightly cool 1/4th of the cylinder by not that much. a shrowd or cowling wouldn't be that efficient and the fins would be working against it. i would try this out on a v1 for sure though as a replacement for the stock fan on a polini. cool.

i think it could definitely make a difference at idle. we'll see how thse turn out. we both have pretty different ideas to try on it.

i forgot to mention, if i actually do this, i'm gonna have it cooling other parts that get hot too.

every scooter i work on has this system. you could cool the ignition system, the carb, a whole bunch. whether or not that makes a huge difference is what we'll find out.

yeahhhh

mark ryan is correct, the fins are the wrong orientation, also fan cooled cylinders use fatter fins with less surface area and more mass so the internal heat transfer is greater and the external heat transfer is less, combined with a higher k constant for forced air cooling, it balances out. this would be a great idea if you were trying to run a scooter cylinder or something cast iron.

Thanks guys. Ed it's all yours. i've got alot more that i can do that will effect performance which is what i'd really like to do. looks like this will have to wait...

i think we should all support eachothers dreams.

I think you may have something here Garrett. Open the outward side so you can draw air into the fan. Cut off the face of the stock cover, and stack(braze) another cover on it and open it's face for which to draw air from. You may want to put a forward facing scoop over the opening. Braze on a duct to your carb intake. The ignition will already be ducted. The wind will cool the rest of the motor. The only problem would be pedal clearance. Do you get my drift. It would be sort of like a supercharger.

no pedals for me. on a side note. got new carb running. hits top speed which may be higher then before in two blocks... running rich with a bad plug too.

this gives me a turbo idea

well kinda a turbo.

your see it when i get an e50 on my hands >:]

as i understand it, most two stroke don't like forced induction... someone correct me if i'm wrong

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account