Exhaust pipe advice - Minarelli V1

Hey peoples,

I'm looking to grab a new pipe for my Carabela...

I'm looking for something with more bottom/mid range - I'm not too worried about top end.

I'm having trouble finding something that fits the bill that I can modify with relative ease (new bracket/screw fittings at most...maybe a couple welds) and that will also be compatible with the Minarelli V1 Polini (75cc) kit when I get it, as well as the stock ports.

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Exhaust pipe advice - Minarelli V1

mopagen is who you are looking fir then. He has the only "bolt on" pipes. Otherwise you will have to modify one to fit.

Does he have a site, or is it just personal transactions?

Mopagen, I need you! :P

I can send you a email if you would like.

Thanks, Mike..:)

Ed

ed, i'm interested as well. Send me an email?

thanks.

-brendan

email sent

Are you running this on a stock engine or Polini 75?

Thank you Noah,

Jon yea Noah is running that on a stock cylinder.

Ed

Stock (20 mph cylinder) at the moment, soon to be Polini.

Stock 25/30mph cylinder for me. Soon to be Polini as well :P

Wow Noah 33 out of the 20mph cylinder thats great!

What jet did it need to run good and make the plug look ok.

Should add that to the wiki. Ed

Many of those 20mph Minarelli's were bushing bearings on the crank and piston, as opposed to roller bearings. It has been my experience that those bushing bearings don't hold up very well in a high rpm performance setup.

your email bounced.. so shoot me one..

I have converted a couple of them to roller bearing as you only need to remove.. .005 .. to fit the roller bearing..

On the crank?

ed- i shot you an email.

yeah and i'm interested in what peter asked about the roller bearing

ed, i'm trying to e-mail you but my e-mail bounced back. can you e-mail me? i'm interested in a tailpipe too, and I have a question about one of the piston/cylinder kits I bought from you (75cc).

I've got a question.

i put a proma GP exhaust on a stock Minarelli V1.

It has a modified air filter and before the exhaust was put on it was running with a 62 main jet.

i read somewhere on here that when you put a perf.exhaust on you should up jet by 2 or 3. i went up by 4 so i'm running it with a 66 right now.

i can here the piston squeaking and there is a 'zinging' sound.

the spark plug looks white-ish (i didn't do a plug chop i just looked at the ouside)

so...anyone know how much higher i should go?

i was thinking 70 which was my first choice but after reading something on here i went with the 66.

Are you serious??? ! ! !, you gotta pull the plug and look at it fool. 66 was right when I ran a ported cylinder and estoril, but it might not be right for you. Pull the plug fool. READING POSTS DOES NOT JET YOUR BIKE RIGHT! READING PLUGS DO!

ahhh, i feel better now.....

did i not just say i pulled the plug out and looked at it. so i understand the concepts of looking at the plug and doing chops. if i didn't know anything i wouldn't have mentioned that i looked at the plug. i know the "zing" sound is bad, i know a white looking plug is bad.i used the posts as a reference which i thought was the point of this website. hence the performance section and the spread sheet. so michaelt, i'm glade you feel good. but i didn't ask for you to be a dick, i asked if anyone knew if i was heading in the right direction.

damn dude, you were in the same boat as everyone else when you first got a moped and had questions. so just count to ten, relax and grow up a little.

i don't have money to be burning on jets and shipping every time i get it wrong.

a alot alot.. did i say alot of people.. hate spending the money J on JETS!.

Most people wont tell you the right one most people want to learn from you and your mistakes. This is my taking of the performance seation, Ask no questions just read, read, read, read, research.. read some more.. READ the 2 tuning books.

Never do mods if you moped is fucked up already your just goin to make it worst. Mike is coming off as a dick he has just seen so many ask about.. "tell me what Jet or Plug I should run".... That may be the problem around.. Same questions NO stickys.. BUT you have the speedsheet now!.. Loove see new set ups on there. :) Ed

" I ment mike is NOT coming off as a dick"

i don't know if you guys thought i was asking if that sound and the plug are a bad thing?

i know that is bad.

i know i have to look at the plug.

and mike, i know it might be frustrating to see people asking for the exact answer or exactly what the need. that should be for them to learn by trial and error.

i was just asking if the size i was thinking about was a good start.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account