vespa malossi 64cc piston orientation

quick question:

the hole in the piston...does it go up or down? i have it going down to exhaust right now...not running. was wondering if i put i back in wrong.

Re: vespa malossi 64cc piston orientation

yep, it goes towards the transfer port so the mix can travel around the piston. Right now you are basically spraying the crankcase contents out the exhaust port. :)

I had mine in upside down at first too. There is no arrow and the engraved numbers on the piston arn't the exahust port mark either. They should supply directions in english. Flip that bad boy over and you'll be all set. The malossi kit on on my black ciao is uber fast for a 64cc kit. Good luck!!

ha....thanks guys

Yeah the Malossi 64 kit kicks ass.

so is my polini 63 cc....what kind of pipe are you putting on?

i've got a simonini circuit

Russell Cullen /

i know i'm bumping a 3 and a half year old thread, but holy shit this would have saved me two days of work! been troubleshooting everything EXCEPT this since early yesterday. i even speak an ok amount of italian and still totally breezed by this shit in the instructions and assumed that marking on the piston to be the exhaust mark. back to the garage!

Sweet! Get that thing ripping.

Russell Cullen /

FUCK YEAH! got a bit of tuning and lots of break-in to do, but she started right up and I... AM.... STOKED!

hey guys, i know this is old but I'm having some pretty frustrating problems after installing my kit! so is this picture correct? The hole is on the top i think, if that's the hole you're referring to. The pic is of the piston attached to the crank as if you were looking at the bike straight on:

yes, that is the correct orientation. what sort of problems are you having?

It was not starting even though i heard the piston moving and there was compression and spark.... It started eventually with a ton of effort using the stock variator, so I think I need a shorter belt for my malossi multivar. The ignition seems funky too but I havent cleaned the points in a while

if you're using the malossi variator, definitely get a malossi belt, it will make starting much easier. also, check your point gap if the ignition seems out of whack

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account