Best 50cc Puch Kit? Recommendations?

I am building up a maxi and I wanna get the best 50cc kit there is out there. What do y'all recommend? I've never kitted before so I'd prefer the least amount of messin' around possible. And don't try to sell me on anything bigger than 50cc's, I think anything bigger than that is cheating.

Re: Best 50cc Puch Kit? Recommendations?

metraa.

Gilardoni 50cc kit if you can get it. There's new 50cc kit coming out soon I hear, and a Tomos A35 top end can be made quite fast as well.

true....a35 reedvalve top end are nice on puchs.

Yep. For the most results with the least effort and money I would use an a35 cylinder.

off the forum /

are you guys talking stock a35 top ends?

So I could just slap a tomos 70cc cylinder on my e50 bottom end? Can I use my stock head?

Yep, I put one one an e50 and it's torquey as hell. It basically bolts right on. I had to use the puch head, since my bolts aren't long enough, but with some modification you can also use the tomos head.

off the forum /

you bolted a stock or a 70cc?

they'll both work. and the opposite is true, too. you could put any puch kit on a tomos bottom end.

Wow this is cool. What did you do about reeds sir?

well, the reeds are on the cylinder, so theres not really anything TO do about them.

for the best bang for the buks, i always likes the tccd/kstar 50cc kits

i've been enjoying my 50 tccd kit. it lacks some bottom end, but with a bullet and stock 14/14 carb i've hit 41mph with no case matching or porting. they're near bullet proof too.

is the a35 jug really that much better then the e50 or is it mostly the fact that it's reed valve?

Someone do a write up on the e50/a35 mod, please! I'm not sure I understand it.

well, heres a post tommy made about putting a tomos kit on an e50. its essentially the same thing as that. but instead of buying an aftermarket kit, you use a stock tomos a35 top end. this gives you reed valves, and from what i hear, a better portmap than a stock e50. stock tomos easily go 40+ with a new pipe, high flow filter, and gearing change.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=7&i=114585&t=112967

you dont have to do all the porting and shit that he did. in fact, i wouldn't recommend it, unless you practice first on a trashed old cylinder.

man I was going to go the 70cc airsal rout but now I am thinking about picking up a 70cc a35 cylinder kit to use with my e50 bottom end and hi comp head. Would this set up be that much faster than a puch kit provided both are tuned correctly with same carb and appropriate pipe for rev range?

i would like to know as well

idk that it would be faster, but it would have better low end because of the reeds. sometimes the reeds flutter at high rpms too.

you do know that they make reed valve kits for puchs though. the 64cc polini kit and the 75cc gilardoni kit.

tomos is cheaper

is it? ive never looked at the prices for them.

but really, if youre good, you can make any kit run reeds.

Keep your eyes peeled for my stock tomos top end e50 build soon, dubbed "super stock." I'm casting a high flowing intake which should make this bad boy scream. Because if there is anything as a drawback for this setup, it's a lack of a good intake.

Ya but those puch kits are mad expensive and putting reeds on another kit would be almost as expensive. I think I may bite the bullet. It would be nice if someone would chime in that just slapped a tomos 70cc reeded kit on their puch. Thanks a lot Jon-o.

Email sent to me and almost everyone on this post.

Hello,

I have sold out of my supply of PUCH MAXI AIRSAL 70cc kits! Sorry!

Due to new purchasing quantities requirements I can not purchase these unless I have 10 committed orders of the full amount, $100.

If 10 or more people make the commitment I will guarantee them a price of $100 with the top end gasket set shipped to their door within the lower 48 States!!

If for any unforeseen reason the order does not make it to me or not enough commitments are met I will make full refunds!!

If the order is placed it would take any where from 2-5 weeks for me to get them, hopefully the latter!

If the order takes longer than this I would grant anyone a full refund!!

For right now this is the best I can offer and I am sorry for this but suppliers are dictating these new quotas which is hard on some of us to do!

If this does not appeal to you then I recommend not doing it and I fully understand!

I accept Paypal for this offer, see info below for sending payment.

Thank you for your interest and let me know if I can be of service!

Sincerely,

Perk L.L.C.

Rick Perkins

9919 E. 206th St.

Noblesville, IN. 46062

Ph: 317-371-8530

E-mail: parts@perkllc.com (For Paypal Payments)

tech@perkllc.com

Web: www.perkllc.com

good luck

Shit. sorry wrong post.^

good god, y'all.

i was not expecting so much!

I was looking at the tccd on 1977. i think i might go with that, if the tomos thing doesn't pan out...

any other pointers?

yeah, they are expensive bk. i was just saying, you do have other options.

but yeah, i think the one tommy did was actually a 70cc kit. an alukit.

but putting reeds on another kit wouldnt be that expensive. its just that you have to put a big hole in your case and make your engine case inducted, and you just have to buy a reed block,a dn make a block off plate. but, its not really a job most people want to have to do, lol. pain in the ass.

yeah it's alot easier just to buy something pre-made... lol

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account