dmp crank/kitted

andrew lindy /

i just oreder a dmp crank for my grande. I will prob go with a 65cc kit, what kit you guys recommend? the crank has a 10mm rod. i already have a simounini circut pipe and a 13/13 carb. carb has a 66 jet in it but what size you guys recommend? i am a sea level. also what variator you guys recommend?

Re: dmp crank/kitted

The Malossi 64 kit is an ass-kicker. I have heard that the Polini is just as good.

You also need to cut that crank, the "racing" cranks are really no better than stock except perhaps a stronger con rod and they have wrist pin bearings instead of bushings. The Malossi kit instructions gives details on this. You also need to open the intake to 13mm or your 13mm carb is pointless. There is stuff on the wiki about this. You may as well case match it while you're in there, too. Jet size is impossible to tell, just have to tune it.

Get a Malossi multivar.

andrew lindy /

how do i cut a crank? i mainly got the crank cause the stock one in there is knocking like crazy. also this one has a 10mm not a 12mm. the kit im gettin is a 10mm.

anyone?

You get a dremel or something and grind the open area of the crank webbing out so its 5mm larger on one side and 10mm on the other. Like I said, the Malossi kit will have diagrams. Theres a site on it somewhere, too...might even be in the wiki.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account