Urbam 16 rear mod

Replaced the 14 rear rim with a 16 front add well this made my honda a few mph faster . What do you think?More pics to come if you want to see em.

1221274661_100_1169.jpg

Re: Urbam 16 rear mod

Nice!

Now to get moddin that variator...

hmm, and to think if it wasnt for those poping spokes you may have never done this mod. Tell us what kind of top speed gains you get.

thats rite . damn spokes ! lol

a cool 3 mph is my reward

need tips hints for variator mods anyone

Well im sure you are aware of the highflow filt and pocket bike setup fetching 40's. There are about 5 kits I am aware of. you could mess with the ports. Get a spree head. There has to be something in that transmission cover to mess with.

Oh man I am blasting past 40 but the stock carb is soooo holding me back. An intake adaptor is in the works for a 19 mm phbg del . And actually no I dont know about those mod . Tell me more . And I never even messed with a variator before , But I want to I just need more info and an extra one to mod. Has anyone ever done this on a nu 50 ?

1221354590_100_1159.jpg

Variator would def. be where the free power would is. Are you planning on running the real del or the knock off. I would suggest staying away from the knock of because I have asked the seller multiple times what jet is included and if they have spares and they have never responded and I am positive its because they dont know what a jet is or at least the english word for them.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

How is the handling? Did you mod it to be rigid or use a taller shock? It looks really at home with that 16 rear!

Oh no I will be running the real deal .

No shock replacement just removed the fender and it fits like it is suposed to be there. I cant wait for the perelli 2.5 to get here to match the front. just running a stock front tire on the back rite now.

handling is really good but Im sure it will be even better with the 2.5 on .

Lighten the weights to get more bottom end (drill out the centers).

Open the variators so the front will open more and the rear will close more.

Get the Honda PX50 gears, they use the same engine but were designed for 16" wheels.

Yes get a bigger carb; you should be in the 50's already.

how many grams can I lighten them to befor they fail the fully expand .

This is going to be a scary fast Urb

I think you should stick with the name 'Urbam'. Or UrBAM!

YEP iM GooD a smpeLLR

Not sure on the limit. I'd start by using a 1/16" drill and running it through the center of the weights, compare before and after weights. Try to do adjustments in 1g increments and make sure all the weights are equal.

Another option is to just take half the weights out.

Hobbit variator parts might work???

Ok then I am stoked . Meybe I will start with lightening them up a little at a time.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account