3 shoe clutch options/opinions?

I'm going to make my e50 polini a torque monster. I read through all of the other threads about the cheap 3 shoe clutch and the expensive 3 shoe clutch, but didn't come to any good conclusions about them... I would like to hear some more about this before I buy.

Re: 3 shoe clutch options/opinions?

From what I hear it's basically a matter of durability and reliability with big ass kits. For instance, if your bike is stock, the stock 2 or 3 shoe clutch is fine... but if it's an 80cc monster with a shit load of low end you will eat the stock and lower end clutches for breakfast...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but from all I hear you really aren't going to notice much if any performance difference between the styles. About to get one myself so if anybody has opinions differing from mine I'd like to hear them.

PEACE

cheap 3 shoe... paz springs, 540, 720 screws in, mobile 1 or my fav, rock oil semi syth atf scooter tranny oil.

mod accordingly

or if u have a 2 shoe

u can take even more weight off than i did on both of these, but that amount works well

argh

note 2 shoe is beat and lasted about 1.5 months.

the 3 shoe performs almost exactly the same.

what about the 90 dollar one? is it easy to switch out the springs?

my plan was to tune it moderately and have it last a little longer, since I don't have a clutch puller.

i suggest you buy one.

which one?

How does the clutch bell hold up with some of those extreme tuned clutches? I am ok with the fact that my clutch is going to need replacing often, but the bell is harder to find.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account