BELTS! size matters

***Kim Jong illest*** /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so you already know my set up, so ill skip thaf. heres the deal...

been having some allignment issues, so i made a flat, no spacer shim to go in the head to kinda scootch the motor over a hair more (again) hoping to avoid the belt rub and rubber coating my bikes getting`

this set up is a hair tricky to set up, and ive done all kinds of things to make it---

not bang the pulley

allign true

maximum variation

this includes trying differant belts.

usually a 17320 is perfect, although a goodyear 17321 is easier to find. but i thought id try to experiment a bit.

first i thought why not try a smaller belt? so i got a 17315. the results were great. SUPER easy starts, better variation, and higher speeds. the downside? sometimes the belt likes to flip sideways.

hmmm...

so then i thought, maybe a skinnier belt would not get hung up, and fit the pulley groove better.

so i got a 15315. the results were horrid. almost no variation, screaming to do 30. hmmm no good.

ive got everything moved over as far as it will go so im kinda stuck. the 17320 is whats seems to be the happy medium, but im still chewin them up a bit.

if anyone has any ideas id love to hear em

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account