want to know pro and cons of case induction or cyl

what is the better of the two my old a35 engine tomos had the cylinder reed valve set up and now i have a batavus with the case induction reed set up both of course would be 2 stroke engines. could anyone briefly explain why one of the other is better and if i can make a case induction set up as good or better than the cylinder intake style. thanx in advance for any info or suggestions on the topic.

Re: want to know pro and cons of case induction or

well, the case induction setup is better because you can run a cylinder with 3 transfer ports, which gives the cylinder a lot more gas. but if you cant get a 3 transfer cylinder, then the case induction doesnt really do anything better than a cylinder mounted reed valve.

even with the case induction, though, you'll be hard pressed to get your batavus to do 35. they just arent fast.

the batavus wasn't my first choice but i picked up two of the similiar models for $300 and got one running and the second i just need a few parts for as my tomos targa lx was stolen 3 weeks ago from my backyard and being my main source of transportation i needed a moped to get me around asap so i found the bat' deal for pretty cheap and made a daily driver out of it. i've heard they suck for modifying and parts are extremely hard to come by.

thanx for the quick response by the way. i will leave my first bat' stock for now and probally try to see if i can pick up another cylinder head from another make of engine or aftermarket jug for the second motor if i can find one that has similar bolt pattern and i could machine the case to fit the cylinder including matching transfer ports. i have access to a large lathe, milling machine, oxy/ace. welder, and small electric welder at my parents house. i think anything is possible but i know there is a point where fabricating the engine won't be cost/time efficient and i'd be better off getting a more popular engine with a readily available tuner following. i dunno i'm glad to have a 2 mopeds one to ride and the other to frankenstein

i saw one guy that put a puch e50 engine on a batavus. you could explore that option for the frankenstein ped, since you have a welder.

Dan Webber Kastner /

IMO case induction has two advantages.

1. Every cylinder you put onto the motor will be reed valve induction, even if it is intended to be piston port. Better throttle response and better all around power vs piston port.

2. The ability to utilize the space where the intake port would normally go as a 3rd transfer port (as mentioned above). That was you can transfer more mixture from the crankcase to the combustion chamber.

how hard would it be to make your own third transfer port in a standard cylinder? my morini m1's case inducted, but only has 2 transfer ports. sounds like it would take alot of good thought out thinking.

i'd also like to machine, mill, grind, what ever it takes my original cast iron cylinder a 3rd transfer port can anyone show me a pic of a case induction style engines cylinder pics and maybe some pics of the transfer ports on case that has a 3 ports stock or has been converted and of course it doesn't have to be a batavus m48 engine as i doubt many people have successfully ventured down that path with much success. thanx

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account