12x56 gearing on a magnum

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Gonna try it this weekend on my magnum with the MK65. Wheelies galore! Maybe I should take video.

Re: 12x56 gearing on a magnum

Haha. Nice. I saw those huge bitches on treats and thought, "why do they even make sprockets that big?".

Hillclimb magnum lol

Totally... I wonder what your top speed could possibly be with a 56 rear sprocket? 15MPH?

haha yeah mike. get that on video.

0-30 2.5 seconds

top speed: 30

lol

Is it a two speed?

answer: motobecane.

variators are totally gay. almost as gay as peter's motobecane. its so slow.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

1 speed. Feels like a 3 speed. Go go go, clutch engages, go, go, gets on pipe, GO GO GO to 50mph. But that's with 17x40 gearing.

With 12x56 it should be GO GO, wheelie, GO, clutch, GO, barely hit pipe, go to 32mph. hehe

We'll see how it goes. It's supposed to rain all weekend though... :(

hehe. hopefully you get a chance to run it and MAKE A VIDEO. my same-last-named compadre.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Hey, I'm building a magnum too (different one than the one I'm talking about here), and we have the same last name. You're an imposter me. I was here first. I win.

Well, mines already built, and i already broke it, so there! im better!

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

What's your setup? And where are the pics? And are you running 12x56 gearing? If not, you should. All the cool kids are doing it.

haha, no. 17x40,

heres pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jon_o/

Dan Webber Kastner /

I had 13x45 on my polini e50 she topped out at 35, it was a danm fun ride getting there though.

14x45 on a metra big port with a simonini...the most fun you can have on a moped.

I had 12*48 for a while on a mk65 and a tecno hunter. I tuned the clutch, ant the bike would actually lift the front wheel up at the chutch engaging and the pipe's powerband. I got sick of only going 35 though.

It seems pretty scarry accelerating that fast too. I could fly up hills and would barely slow down.

yeah, I ran 12 x 45 with a mk65 I got to top speed in like 2 seconds, the engine revved so high and so fast it scared me a little, and I never tried it again. Almost sounded like it was just going to keep revving forever and blow up!

mike i will hold the camera

i just tried 15x45 tonight on my polini, and yeah, good times! revs crazy high. made me put a drop more 2stroke in the tank

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account