Tires!!!???

Hey everyone,

I need some new rubber for my pa50 II. The OEM size is 2.25-17 but I was wondering what the limits were for the rim size. Can I go with 2.00-17 or 3.00-17?

What tires do you guys recommend? I would prefer quality/longevity instead of a low price.

Re: Tires!!!???

michelin gazelles(sp?) are always highly recommended

you cannot fit 3 inch tires on a hobbit to my knowledge.

your options are either 2.25 or 2.50,

2 inch wont fit on the wheels right.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The Gazelles only come in 3", right?

Any other suggestions in 2.25 or 2.5?

no...gazelles come in smaller sizes most def.

Thanks for the link

gazelles are backordered, are there any good tires anywhere?

backordered Gazelles

Ian, you're the shit! Gazelles for $12! Knowledge! i've been googling tires for months and haven't come across that. Man, for the price, that's worth ordering on backorder however long it takes. I ordered mine a well over a month ago elsewhere for exponentially more, no one's got em yet. Rumor is that Gazelles are supposed to be available end of this month. That's what ron ayers said and motorcycle superstore. We'll see.

Klen Kahdidlehopper /

I have successfully put 2 inch tires on a 2.5 inch rim. Not sure if it would work for your rim. Just thought id chime in.

Dude I installed and rocked some 1.90 maxis tires on my pacer for over a year . Not that I advocate it but I did it so it is possible.

Raymond Rexroad /

thats the only place to get tires.

They're cheap, fast and reliable.

IRC's for life.

Dennis Kirk is the internet man for tires.

just bought 2.25 and 2.5 gazelles for my hobbit from ron ayers. $45 shipped, should have them in stock in a couple weeks.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/tires

That has quite a few (tire-only) shop links you can try, all of which have been recommended by someone at some point on this forum. You could also try the general shop links to check the moped parts stores (like quarterkick) to see who's got tires.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account