WHY DO I KEEP BLOWING ONE WAY BEARINGS!!??

***Kim Jong illest*** /

my clutch pulley keeps eating one way bearings. theyre not cheap or easy to find. whats the deal? and always on a wednesday too! oh sorry guys, i cant ride tonight. GAH!

Re: WHY DO I KEEP BLOWING ONE WAY BEARINGS!!??

Are you using any grease on install?,I'm assuming you did, but that might make an ass out of me and umptions. How much side to side play on the shaft? How's your belt alignment? If it was tugging to one side or the other I can see how it might help grenade bearings?

damn bummer dude

get a perf. variator with a clutch function (one way bearing in the variator) and replace the one way in the clutch pulley with a regular bearing. problem solved.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

ha! your advice is to ditch the variotop for a ????

i dont like the idea of having 2 clutches.

is this just something i should expect from this clutch pulley?

i keep sayin this, but someone, trade me your variator and pulley and take this thing off my hands.

i got rid of mine. when cortez reached the new world he burned his boats to encourage his men. that was the thinking behind that brilliant idea...

lock your variator like the dude did on ventiplx or whatever, and one of those san fran guys did it too but welded the clutch bells taper to the locked vario. Thats the plan I was planning to follow anyway. I think it was allen. With two clutches in the situation it might just be that tranferring shock load as they both lock up that is blowing out the bearing

id be willing to bet that after the stock clutch locks up and drives the clutch pulley to engage that shock to the first clutch lets it slip and the inertia in the clutch pulley locks that one way bearing briefly, but you can see how that repeated behaivior would destroy that oneway bearing over a few rides with plenty of stop and go

If I misread something somewhere please let me know, i could swear you said you are running the stock clutch with the varplus , with, in addition too, the doppler clutch pulley? I've been drinking beers...

epic fail.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

no, variotop-no clutch. doppler pulley-clutch. i tried putting in a 2 way bearing and sticking cardboard inbetween the clutch pad and bell, with no success. oh well. guess ill have to wait till friday.

It's because you are a big dude, Josh....

whoa, let's not get personal!

What I dont get is the obsession with variotop.. the things huge and there are much more compact performance variators that seem to have the same dial-in flexibility. But thats from a total on-lookers perspective, I've never had a performance variator, heh.

The variotop does have one of the greatest cheek movements of any aftermarket variator. If you remove just a small amount of material from the outter cheek section you can even get more movement outta the thing. It's pretty amazing. Oh the the one way needle bearing is the those clutch pulleys is kinda shitty. I might kill off the bearing and use a standard needle bearing and switch to a pull start.

-naz

yeah, then you can roll your bike forward. haha

***Kim Jong illest*** /

dude, thats not a gut, thats my huge cock wrapped around my tiny tiny waist like a garden hose

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account