I NEED LOW END

My 2003 Kinetic could use some low end power, but my wallet could use some cash, so I'm stuck. I do know, however, that a Sito Plus performance exhaust is only $50, and new jets are real cheap.

Some say, though, that performance exhausts hurt low end, but you get top speed. I don't care to get more top speed. I'd rather my Kinetic respond better to hills than go fast. Does anyone know what would result from a performance pipe?

Also, do those Dell'orto Performance air filters do anything?

Thanks for any help.

Re: I NEED LOW END

Cory (mrdr 133) /

here's the thing..the kinetic is belt driven, so it's not as simple as just switching gears to improve torque. don't buy the sito plus, that thing is junk. and not all performance pipes rob low end. some of them are actually low end pipes. just look at the reviews of diffrent exhausts. look at vespa performance mods, because they are all the same (vespa, kinetic...same shit) anyhoo, problem with running vespa shit, is it costs a lot. you could find a used variator, and used rear wheel off a vespa grand, or SI, and make your kinetic variated, if you can find anyone selling one. OR save up. unfortunately vespa tuning is costly.....

higher compression = free torque. take a little off of your head and your take of should be better (i would suggest milling but have heard of people doing it with sand paper) be very careful that it is all even.

How much should I take off?

less than 2 inches but more than 1mm. i would start at 5 mm and see where that gets u but i have never actually done this just heard about it

Cory (mrdr 133) /

milling heads, is just not a rookie endeavor. i'd suggest finding someone who will help you do this. usually people use a cinderblock ot do this, it helps with making sure its even....i've never done it, so i don't know how much to take off

start small, and go from there. too much compression is a bad thing. also you know you've gone to far when your piston is hitting the head. (you can always put some washers on your spark plug if you do that) I wouldn't dare go over 2mm. start with 1 or 1.5mm. it seemed to the trick on my tomos head.

Okay, forget it. I know what I can do, and I know what I can't do. This will, undoubtedly, result in one less moped for me. So, does anyone have any other "low end power" upgrade suggestions? I just know that if I do it, which I'd have to cause I don't know anyone who can, I'll mess it up.

I think that milling your head would be the only cheap thing to do. Just find something that you know flat and start with a coarse sand paper and sand it down to where you want it then use a finer paper on it to smooth it out. Just make sure what you are using to sand it down is flat or you could risk losing compression. It would probably take 2 hours tops and might cost $8 for sand paper

if your kenetic is already variated, get an aftermarket variator, or start tweaking yours. different springs and weights = different low end.

there isnt alot else you can do.

his kinetic isn't already variated unless its one in like 30 that made it into the states. I would say your best bet for low end is variation. Search ebay for ciao or grande rear wheels, and a front variator, zippy at zippy mopeds sells a spacer which you will need to make the variator line up right. You can probably set the whole thing up for about 100 bones if you are smart about it. The grande wheel may require a little dremeling to the frame to fit.

turd

oh and sito= shito, just so you know.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account