a55+biturbo+airsal65cc, jet suggestions?

since no one on the spreadsheet seemed to have this combo and the only one close didn't include the main jet size i wanted to see if any of you are running a 65airsal on the a55 with the stock carb. currently the main jet is a 58 with the biturbo. has anyone done this setup?

Re: a55+biturbo+airsal65cc, jet suggestions?

I was running that kit on a a35 with a 15mm carb and I had a 72 jet in it while breaking it in.

Did you check the tuning spreadsheet already?

i had a similar set up but with a 21 dell. i was running an 89.

wow jamisin, you kitted already?? when you get tuned, lets ride

Thanks for the info. Trust me Ian I checked the spreadsheet thorougly before posting because I know what happens when there is an obvious answer in the wiki. KK's set up was the most similar but I'm looking at using the stock carb (for now). Already have the biturbo (58 jet) as well as the 22rear and the airbox modified. The bike just weighs too much!! In fact I'm going to pick up a 24 or 26 rear sprocket as soon as I get a chance.

Wow Jamisin, congrats on the kit! I would recommend using either a 58 or 59 main jet depending on how much you opened up your airbox. I'm still a firm believer in the Uni for more top end speed, at the loss of torque on the bottom end. You might wanna try a 60 main jet with a Uni, since you should be getting a little more bottom end torque with the increased displacement. Let me know how it goes.

Oh, btw, I was running an A55 with biturbo (stock cylinder though) and Uni, and was reaching 45mph.

Oh schnapps! I didn't know you got a Streetmate R! Last time I saw you on the Myron's Ride to the Getty, you were on your black sprint! The SMR looks nice! Welcome to the Streetmate R club! Handles like a dream huh?

Hey whats up a55er, yeah i originally bought the streetmate because i thought the new porting would feel like having half a kit over the a35. Unfortunately, the added weight of the bike puts it closer to the performance of my lighter a35 sprint. I guess I didn't do the math before I purchased the bike so I weigh 157 plus the extra weight versus the sprint or lx makes it like i weigh almost 200 pounds. So the kit is more of a corrective measure just to keep up with the people i sometimes ride with. I need to get my battery/starter replaced under warranty (even with the iradium and new fuse the starter rarely works) before i do this though because they may not touch it after i change the cylinder. unless marvin/shuan decide to be forgiving and work on my bike after i do more modding. I don't have the full 1977 jet kit like you, only the 58 main jet w/biturbo.

Hey Jamisin,

You ought to come down to the shop and talk. My Revival is only 6 pounds lighter than your bike and I have no problems getting off the line and going 45. I don't think you need any more than 49 cc. Talk to Brandon as well. His Streetmate R is about equally as fast as my bike. But, if you do put a kit on, I would like to check it out. I have thought about it for a while and was thinking about using an a35 70cc kit with the reed valve.

OK Marvin thanks, schedule's tight but late Saturday afternoon could work. I need to get a new battery/check my charging system while warranty's still good anyway and possibly pick up some bigger rear sprockets. I'm not saying it performs badly, I just believe that because of the weight it is less of a jump up from the biturbo/sprint/a35 combo than i thought it would be. and 2008 A55's with a pipe smoke it. I can't put the order in for the kit because the warehouse is in the hurricane evacuation zone, they said late next week they can shop one out.

Jamisin...what time do you think you're gonna be at the shop? I'll ride down and you can check out my bike and see how it compares. FYI, I'm not running the 1977 speed kit, it didn't work on my bike. I'm using different jets that the '77 speed kit, but same emulsion tube. Also in regards to kits, IMO, I think that it reduces the reliability of the bike. I'm currently looking for avenues to hit 50mph with the stock cylinder (maybe ported), for reliability issues.

sounds good, email or myspace me your phone number. i will call you sat afternoon when i leave my house.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account