Help w/ new Peugeot exhaust

I just got this pipe from Benji and I'm trying to figure out how it goes on my stock cylinder....

Is there another piece that fits in between the adapter and the exhaust? If no, is that why it's such a tight fit? How do I keep from getting an air leak at this spot?

sorry for the amateur questions, I've never bolted an aftermarket exhaust before.

Re: Help w/ new Peugeot exhaust

cylinder is stock btw

Hey man the pipe just is held on by the springs, it will always leak a tiny bit and a little oil will build up there but that's just the way of french bikes. Don't forget to upjet a few sizes as well man.

lee's anus is leefungchowOG /

to avoid air leak, use a rubber radiator hose around the connection and secure it with hose clamps. works like a charm.

Got it, thanks for the jetting and leakage advice....

but does anyone have a tip on how to get those damn springs on??? Those things are TOUGH!

Any help would be great. I got the pipe fixed up really tight, checked for leaks around the exhaust port, no bubbling when I spray stuff on it, no rpm change with carb cleaner....

up jetted to 68-- four stroked a lot, 64 was the next one I have.

The big problem I'm finding is there's a crazy high-pitched noise when I hit 20mph. Wasn't there before, is that the sound of the pipe or is it a bad demon inside my engine?

I haven't been riding with the pipe long enough to mess up the engine

Is the sound like a rattle/buzz sound? If it is there's a good chance it's your exhaust making all the noise. The springs on my moby used to make this very strange high pitched buzzing sound before I put some fuel line around them to stop it.

That's the sound!

I was thinking it's either the mounting clamp (which I can't change out without taking the clutch off cuz that's the only way to get the bolt out). Or an air leak, but it's pretty damn tight. I'll see what I can do about that.

weird thing is, she won't idle now.... so I think I've got an air leak to chase down too!!

I wouldn't rule out an air leak but if you can't find one I have had a problem where the Idle screw doesn't open the carb enough to let the bike Idle. I have compensated for this by adjusting the screw on the top of the carb until the bike idles.

Also if you are feeling ambitious you can get considerable better off the line performance if you take 3 balls out of your clutch to make it catch later.

If you run into any more hangups you have my number man.

Oh sick dude, thanks a lot.

yeah, don't know if there's any balls in my clutch, I have the super 'rare' non-variated 103, haha.

thanks for the advice.

bad advice on the cable adjustment screw. don't do that.

yes you have balls my friend! i have one of those rigid 103s too. sick!!!!

oh no Zach, this ain't rigid.... it's a regular old 103LS, no V in there.

I've still got some unsettling high-pitched noises at high. I put the old pipe on, sounded like normal... more low-pitched and no rattling. The new pipe is on tight, no free moving parts.

Afraid to ride with it, although performance is pretty good.

correct me if I'm wrong, a performance exhaust will exacerbate air leaks, no?

that high pitched noise could be your powerband?

does it rocket when you hit that noise?

Ian, what's a "powerband?"

The bike accelerates 0-10 moderately (no variator and a little lean at low end), 10-25 really good, then 25-30 okay. The sound starts around 20-23.

hey i wanted to buy this pipe for my tsm. so do you really have to up jet when putting a preformance muffler on?

powerband is where your pipe starts to affect the bike.

IT pulls pretty hard when you hit it.

the powband starts at like 10mph. So far it's a sick pipe, if I could get it to stop rattling!! Is it fucking up my engine?

Think I got it.... first of all I was using the old clamp between the exhaust mount and the engine. Put the new one on, much better.

Also, the tail of the pipe was rattling against the kickstand while I was riding... so I put some rubber around the stand. SIIIIIIICK!

10 mph? that seems a little low.

well maybe it is, what does it feel like when it hits the "powerband".... maybe it hits more at like 20. I don't really know. gotta understand, before I had the super-restricted shitty exhaust that comes on the 103 LS U1

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account