wrong oil in transmission

I was riding my Malaguti commuter the other day I just got it I'm fairly new to this forum but am very excited about how many people there truly are out there that still ride the moped and this web site how active it is. ok enough buttering up like i said I am a newbie to this and took my malaguti on its first long ride after getting it it has the Morini mo-1 motor i,ve checked the tranny fluid looks great like it was changed by the previous owner so I didn't do anything with it but on the ride after about 2 miles into it it seemed that on take off the clutch was slipping more and it took more time to get going is this because it has the wrong oil and when fully hot it broke down and couldn't do its job the manual calls for 20w witch i'm finding impossible to find. ok after such a long post if you haven't lost interest what could I do.

Thanks

A Newbie

Re: wrong oil in transmission

you can get the non deterget 20w at walmart and at Tractor supply

royal purple sells and makes sae 20w. 10 bucks a quart worth every penny.

So I am right in that it is the wrong oil I tried walmart here in south bend Indiana no good didn't think about tractor does Royal purple have a web site

oops they only make.. straight 30 now and its alot cheaper then I thought it was.. must of been the shipping..

Bump

www.royalpurple.com any small engine shopshould have it. i've even seen it in hardware stores

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account