my targa was stolen so i picked up a batavus

I have a 1980 Batavus Starflight with the M48 engine i picked up for cheap from a local shop because i was robbed two nights ago at 3 in the morning by the time my dogs heard the strapping black males that "borrowed" my modified tomos targa infinitely i was too late i heard it start up and that sucker was gone fast seeing it hits mid 50's. After short period of grieving i realized i need transportation since i have none so i spent what i could manage to and bought this older moped, i really need to move into another apartment in a better neighborhood bottomline. 4 hours into owning it, it is stripped to almost bare frame and the case is split on the motor i am swapping the broken crank out and checking overall condition of the moped, not a bad buy but i need to derestrict it because it seems to of been engineered as a boat anchor on wheels stock. I would GREATLY appreciate any links/help/info on the laura m48 engines as i am clueless with my new purchase. I would like to atleast keep up with traffic around town instead of being driven over. Please send some help my way if your in the know with Batavus's thanx

Re: my targa was stolen so i picked up a batavus

search this forum and theres tons of info

try themopedjunkyard.com

"batavus service manual": http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/batavus/csm/batavuscsm.htm

sorry to hear about your loss

if you have any pix post em in the general section with the where and when etc., you never know.

thanx evgdboy for the manual link that is such a help. i know the knuckle head that had the starflight before me lost the starter spring arm and i need a new one in order to get it running as well as i'd like to buy a new or used cover for the clutch side as well as magneto side, as the originals are gone if anyone has parts for the laura m48 engine that they would sell or know where to find that starter spring arm i would appreciate the help. i need to stop being lazy and do my home work (searches) on my new toy. i can't wait to get my bat up and running if anyone cares i will keep my progress or set backs posted. like i said before if you have those parts i asked about or any performance parts or stock parts to sell i'd consider buying them so try me.

let me look through my bat. stuff i know i have one cover and maybe the spring arm.

i definitely could use the cover for the magneto side as mine is damaged and since my bat didn't come with the starter spring arm i need that as well to and if you have the thread plate that the two lower bolts thread into that would be cool i definitely need them so i can get it up and running asap. thanx evgdboy. i'd appreciate it if you could get back to me soon on that otherwise i need to keep looking for some parts or i might get a blown up parts engine if the price is right if i can find one. I hope i hear back from u soon thanx again.

email sent

Sorry about your loss. Here's a copy of the factory tech notes regarding the Laura MK 48

" http://www.northernmichigansolar.com/tech_notes.pdf":url

I hope I got the link code right.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account