Airsal 50cc av7 Kit (pix foo)

Talking with a bunch of frenchies today. This guy has an av7 50cc kit lying around. The intake, exhaust, and transfers look pretty damn fat to me. After thinking about the how the higher end 50cc av10 kits are supposed to blast when tuned right, I'm very tempted to pick this up for my av7.

I thought I'd get the blessings or condemnations of the frenchy wizards here before I made a decision. Pics!

Description (translated):

cylindre + piston AIRSAL

large transfers, improved model for the av7 motor. admission par pipe avec segments 39x2, axe de piston, circlips, 2 goujon de pipe

diameter : 39 mm

height : 53 mm

Re: Airsal 50cc av7 Kit (pix foo)

Forgot this one.

No threads on the exhaust...

Frostback Ditch /

I don't know from personal experience, but I haven't heard many good things about the Airsal kits. Not sure why, but many say it "sucks balls" and such.

***Kim Jong illest*** /

your better off porting your stock jug imo

Wow I like those big ports. You could save a lot of money on dremel tools instead of doing it yourself. I reckon you could weld an exhaust flange on there? How much money?

Tim Sandberg /

Hey Josh,

Yeah, I'll be moving ahead with porting the stock, though I'm still intrigued by this kit. And again, where the F are the threads on the exhaust?

See you wednesday if I get my shit done this weekend :) And I'll be fast >:)

Tim Sandberg /

Finally someone else who thinks this is cool.

Want to know why else its cool? Its 60 euros. So about 90 bucks, shipping from france is probably about 40ish.

http://www.lesolex.com/catalogue_detail.php?piece_id=4638

I just don't want to cop out on the porting project I'm so close to doing so someone else grab this and tell me if I fucked up :)

Oh, and for the people out there who have the $$$$$$$$$$....

I found a 62cc Malossi av7 on his site as well... for the scarcity, you might find $235 dollars, not including shipping, worth paying for a big bore av7 kit. As for me.. I'd rather put that money away for an av10 set up. Or wait for the parmakit renaissance.

Vive La Resistance!

***Kim Jong illest*** /

id stab a nun in the eye for another 70 parmakit....

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

i do like the ports on that airsal kit.

people say they suck because their quality is poor, except for the new tomos airsals.

diameter : 39 mm

height : 53 mm

Um... correct me if my math is wrong.. don't those dimension describe a 63cc cylinder?

Anyone?

Does diameter 39mm / Height 53mm not mean 63ccs?

no, diameter 39mm is always 50cc on a moby

also its not worth shit if there are no exhaust threads,

port ur stock jug exactly like the wiki says and it will yield similar results as that kit i bet.

thats a 50cc screamer port map

that kit is probably a total snooze and a waste of money IMO.

That kit looks like a good starting point for some porting.

fuck the airsal. i have one and had to do some major port work to it to even really compare to my ported stock jug. not worth the money if you ask me. also, where the fuck are the threads? mine had threads on the exhaust. thats just weird.

you are also correct, its not really a 70cc kit. more like 67cc. look, the point i'm trying to make is that as soon as you get it and put the work into making it decent you will be just about ready to build an av10. so skip the first step where you throw away 100 bucks and just go straight for the av10.

for now port your stock jug. its so much more awesome than the airsal.

did that make sense? i have been drinking in the sun all day and i dont think that made any sense. oh well.

Two questions,

1. apparently my stock moby jug isnt the 'fast' cylinder, but I was doing 32-35 mph flatland. Is that peculiar?

2. Would this honestly be worse to start with for porting than a 20 or 25 mph stock moby jug? Doesn't make sense to me that it would be worse.

not worse, but you have to be careful of how much material you remove or you could fuck up your port timing and make your shit into an amazing french doorstop.

seriously, i have an amazing french doorstop.

before you decide to do it, research it. read some old threads from people who have ported the fast cylinders and figure out how much to remove. then get yourself another stock jug as a spare. i took markryan's advice and "went at that shit with a dremel" the first time. worked like a charm, but i eventually took it too far (for science). now i know the limits of the slow jug.

btw - if you were doing 32-35 stock, you do not have the slow jug. what is the letter stamped on it? and what year?

also, someone could have already done a tame port job on your slow cylinder.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account