Puch/pinto 60cc tuning problems video

I am so frustarted with this 78 pinto. I installed a 60cc euro and biturbo pipe. I left the stock 72 main in and it fired right up and runs great from 20-40 when it gets into the pipe. From down bottom it is a dog and dies out. I tried an 82 main and it was way to fat. I tried a 66 main and it ran like shit. With the 72 it runs the best but when you come down from 40-0 it stalls right out and when you come to stops you have to keep on it with the brake on orelse it will stall. Here is a vid i made of it with the 72 main/ You can see at 1:00 min what i am talking about. Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks alot Moped Jeff

Re: Puch/pinto 60cc tuning problems video

idle screw?

make less of a jet jump....look at your plug

sounds like you need a jet bigger than 72 but less than 82.

sounds rich...try removing the air filter...if it gets better then your rich.... also try lowering your needle by moving the needle clip up.

upjet a bit more....

I will remove the air filter today and try it. I will also try to get a 74 main or a 76 main. The idle screw does not do anything. I have no adjustment there for some reason.

my pinto idles like shit aswell... no kit here

Idle screw does nothing, I just have alittle tension

on the throttle cable then it idles alittle high but idles

don't just buy 1 or 2 jets. You'll never get it tuned right that way. You need to buy a whole range. Get every jet from 66 to 82 and then you'll be sure to have the right one.

be aware that more often than not if you can't get a response from the idle adjust screw you have suction leaks.

I have all new gaskets and i tightemed them down 4 times throughout heat cycles. I sprayed them also.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account