how do u stop

if u r going 45 how do u stop ? i can barely stop from 25 with out my feet

Re: how do u stop

Get some new brake-shoes. Buy quality, not the cheapest you can find (NOS is best, if you can find it).

Then degrease your brakes with brake cleaner, get it really really clean. Then take some grid 400 sanding paper, and softly sand the inside of the drum (Sand in the rotation direction). Then clean the drum again with brake cleaner.

Then softly sand your new brakepads with grid 400, in the length, not width. Then clean your new pads with brake cleaner.

Install, and set them up so that you can't pull the brake levers to the grips. If your brakes are going heavy, lubricate the cables or get new cables.

This should get you stopping on a dime. (Well, not really, but you won't need your feet stopping from 50 :P)

If you want real braking power, build a disc-brake on yuor front wheel. But that's a lil more work ;)

problem is i have new brake shoes i will probably end up getting a Chinese scooter disc brake. i did not try the sand paper or brake cleaner does it help much? o and its a fa 50 which i hear have horrid breaks any way

Always clean your brakes when putting in new brakeshoes. When you brake, dust comes off your shoes building up a layer in your drums.

Try my method, you'll be amazed by how well nice & clean brakes stop.

thrift store Nikes

you should do what Schijn said, and use Aluminum Oxide sand paper. the other stuff has silicon in it, and it'll make your pads squeaky/slippery.

will try that when i get it all apart

lee's anus is leefungchowOG /

tuning brakes is just as hard as tuning a bike sometimes. all part of the fun.

tighten daily, clean weekly.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

pull and hope for the best.

i might just throw some metal on the bottom of my riding shoes, the sparks should be fun

i just do a controlled slide at every intersection.

You could just drop a whole china scooter as an anchor...

^I go with this one^

lol

quatto, i don't think anything you do while riding is controlled.

can't stop. won't stop.

i use the china scooter anchor plus i ride no handlebars.

how?

i throw a boomerang on a rope around light posts and use centrifugal force.

Like a Batman rocket-charged-grappling-hook thing, or a big magnet on a tether that can snag oncoming cars in the opposite lane.

I hear forcibly jamming a stake in the spokes can slow a bike too.

hey roald. i did what you said to do today. it worked great. thanks!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account