Synthedic break in, Why not

70 cc DR kit , Nu 50 , simo pipe ,stock carb intake soon to be upgraded but anyway like the title says Why Not ? Break in takes longer ? What could go wrong ? Mobil 1 ?

Re: Synthedic break in, Why not

for break in to happen you need to have some friction, and synthetic oil actually works so well that it makes the break in not work as well/quickly.

They make a simo pipe for the NU50?

Yeah I want details and pic of this pipe...

What vinny said is truly the rumor; I broke in my RD on Silkolene synthetic, no problems there.

Wonder what your piston looks like now? Any blow by? Also, wonder what your compression would be if you used non synthetic for break in.

Your shit will run fine using synthetic for break in, it will run best if broken in with dinosaur oil... That's truth... Believe it.

IT DOESN"T MATTER!!!

ur bike breaks in in like 10 miles anyways, if u use synth its like 11 miles.

don't waste ur money on inferior oil for 10 miles, and syth is better when ur tuning because it will hold up better if u run too lean by mistake when ur dialing in the jets.

That's what I've been told by every old school tuner in the scooter world... I'll just stick to it because I don't like change.

i'm with elliot on this one (and many others) it's old school stuff from when syn first came out.

btw BMW uses mobil 1 in there cars factory yea thats synthetic.

Most guy I talked to when building the RD just said to use whatever you planned on running for the life of the bike, and to make sure that type of oil was available locally; and many recommend Silkolene so that's what I went with.

A few real old school guys (who honestly came off like a bunch of ass's) preached the non-syn break-in.

I can't say that I'm not happy with my RD, the thing just rips. I'm also breaking in my latest kit with syn because I don't have any regular and I'm not going to buys some just for that.

Word...

I can post a pic of the vespa simo on my urban soon . Mobil 1 =Less likely to seize . 50 or so miles in so far

Here is a pic of the simo

1219361630_100_1080.jpg

pic 2

1219361783_100_1077.jpg

what elliot said. they're just mopeds. this ain't formula one.

i only use non-syn

bean oil is the way to go...klotz

smells nice and ive never siezed a kit from lack of lubrication

yeah fuck some dino oil i ran blue marble on break in and was completely a ok no problems bike runs great no blow by and great compression and i only broke it in for like 15 miles then ripped on it hard up until now and it looks immaculate inside my cylinder

now Im thinking Crazy Pipe Time

How can I be Sure that my kit is completly broken in?

1219376659_100_1104.jpg

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Rick. You crazy.

My 65 metrakit, which I know is a whole diffeent ballgame from you...but I knew it was broken in because it went from 190psi compression to 210psi. And in the length of 9 miles went from tuned well to so rich I barely made it home on a fouled plug.

You'll know. Or at least with my kit I knew. I assume they're all similar.

now I'm wishing I had tested comp the day of install . Butt I will check it today at the fort.

dude, I use that silencer. also, that pipe isn't all it looks. baffled and not designed for 2t. it came from a 4t scooter. a show piece, nonfunctional on the scoot, just ok on a ped. sorry to shit on your parade...

Oh hell, If you are going to listen to the old guys even regular oil can't break in an engine anymore, now they are recommending using high-sulphur diesel oil to make sure rings seat. (in four strokes with cheap cams and lifters)

What siliecer on what pipe ? What is 2t and 4t ? Im puzzled now.The simo or the crazy pipe pic?

2t = two stroke

4t = four stroke

we've been through this a million damn times....Dino juice never wins..

There are even instructions on Motul's site about how to break it in using synthetic.

Theory: synthetic is too slick, break-in doesn't happen. (source http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm )

applies to 4 cycle, the concepts apply to 2cycle, but there must be modifications...

Reality: our bikes have relatively shitty machine tolerances and there is ALOT of friction (and heat) going on during the breakin (which is pretty short), most likely, you will end up with some scratches if you aren't real easy on it with dino juice.

With synthetic just lock and load, and don't even worry about the breakin "period". Pretty much good up to 90% throttle (as indicated by motul) for the first couple miles, then it doesn't matter at all.

wisdom is advice thats ignored, so go ahead, prove me right :P

-Shadow

RIPPED that shit at WOT for about 3 or 4 min today non stop and no problems . Comp checks at 125 . Shouldnt it be higher than that ? Maybe time to bump comp a bit. Anyone else have this D R 70cc kit? Whats your comp?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account