Just Got a Puch Magnum, Help me Upgrade it!

Hi,

I just got a 1979 Puch Magnum XK. I don't have a lot of money since I am in college, but I know I will need to upgrade this baby a bit, since it's a hog at startup.

I have a E50 engine on there right now.

My speedometer is broken, but I know I'm lucky if I am breaking 30 mph.

I am thinking about getting the 15 mm intake from Treats HQ for $14, I think that's a minimum since I believe mine has a 12 mm intake.

I don't know whether to go with a Bing or Dellorto Carb. I have a Dellorto on my Tomos, so I am used to that, so that's what I am considering.

I also need to get a Performance Exhaust, but from what I read, it is hard to find one that bolts up to a stock Magnum Cylinder.

What are my best options? I want something that doesn't totally suck at acceleration, and can get up to about 40 mph. Is that feesible without a kit? I don't have money for one yet, but I plan to do it down the line, so I figure I should get a bigger intake, carb, and exhaust.

Let me know your opinions. And yes, I did search, unfortunately, there is not a lot on Magnum performance on a stock cylinder.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Just Got a Puch Magnum, Help me Upgrade it!

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

yes very, i do 40 with just a new pipe, i say dellorto just cause i think they are easy. and take out the gasket between the cylinder base and head

The Best Performance upgrade to puch magnums is giving it to me.

don't know how much you're willing to spend but i have a very nice setup for sale.

on ebay i have my new 20mm dellorto phbg. i also have a 64cc polini kit WITH the malossi 4 petal reed intake manifold already attached. less than 20 miles on it.

the polini alone was $246, the malossi intake was $55. i could sell the combination for $225 shipped. email if you're interested

also have a proma gp pipe that will work of course for sale. that i'd sell for 85 shipped.

i can make your moped move the fastest it's ever moved and then straight into my garage.

carb work, air filter, and exhaust + tuning could probably go ~45 with a little work.

USE THE WIKI drrh.

Make sure you have a square port E50 before buying that intake...

or, you could match the intake to the round port, of thats what you have.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account