prototype exhaust

Thinking of putting this pipe into limited production. I wanted feedback about the routing of the pipe. Do you like the "highboy" style or should it be routed more traditional, down low, and horizontal?

1218809521_fa50.jpg

Re: prototype exhaust

Jason Jason Bobason /

My $.02: I prefer the traditional horizontal.

I like the horizontal look. On an fa50, it would look sorta like a sleeper. How much did it add to the top end? How much are you thinking of charging? I might be interested in one. I still can't find that legendary overseas kit.

Eric

just bolting it on with no jetting change (stock jetting) showed 4-6mph increase. Notable midrange power increase. Cruises at 25 mph with much less throttle than before. Slightly less lowend power (adding a silencer may cure this). Target price is $89.99

forgot to add that level ground top speed increased to 32mph from about 26mph.

i think if you made the expansion chamber slightly curved to follow the contour of the tire it would be sweet.

ditto

Maybe my old eyes are getting bad but I do not see a stinger on the pipe. If it is mounted in the highboy style without a stinger bent to the rear or without the muffler the rider would go deaf in about 1 mile.

Its loud as heck!!! not deaf yet though. The people on the block prob dont like the occational 5:45AM ride to work. HAHA

stinger turns down to follow the pipe then exits w a turn twards the rear, near the ground

I wouldn't want that thing pointed at me! other than that it looks pretty bad ass.

I'd like to see some more pics, close ups and such. Also, curve it to follow the fender line a little. My opinions.

treatsHQ has real FA50 pipes.

c'mon now peter, tell that to motomatic too.

i like horizontal and painted black for the simple reason that i like sleeper bikes/cars and i can't go all out so it looks nice looking stock

Frostback Ditch /

Definently curve it more along the fender line. I'd be in for one to try it on the FA

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account