What throttle for Mikuni Carb 24mm?

Hey guys,

I am running a Mikuni 24mm Flatside carb and of course the stock throttle assembly doesn't have a long enough pull to get the throttle slide inside the carb to open 100%

What aftermarket throttles are you using then to get that shit to work?

Unless there is some modification I can do.

Re: What throttle for Mikuni Carb 24mm?

motion pro. Any motorcycle throttle should work really.

Hey tommy,

what model motion pro throttle do you use with the mikuni?

Also what size grips fit the throttle sleeve on that one?

use ANY cheap dirtbike throttle froma motorcycle shop

7/8 grips

I went ahead and go the motion pro from 1977. Looks quality and dirt cheap too.

I understand its 7/8 grips but that shouldnt be the case for the grip on the throttle side right? It should be slightly larger because it needs to fit over the throttle sleeve.

I got a set of 7/8th dirtbike grips, and it came with a 1 inch grip to fit over the throttle.

motorcycle grips are size for this purpose

ok Jono answered my question thanks.

1 inch grips for throttle side.

How do you attach the brake lever when using that throttle?

the left brake lever would be a separate unit altogether.

i mean right brake lever. on the throttle side.

there is one at 77 that angles perf.

wow hella clean setup dude.

Bumping this up to ask a question about the above-pictured setup. How is the brake light switch set up, or is it? Thanks.

he doesn't have a tail light period. Brake lights are for noobz. :]

its gone. bypass it and only use the left hand rear brake sensor.

he does have a taillight.

And brake light right? Only one sensor.

So he doesn't have another bmx lever on the other side? I thought about using an aftermarket universal switch, but I think they're meant to operate on a rod and not a cable.

Can anyone suggest a brake lever that will work with the long pull Throttle-Assembly on 1977? or anywhere else for that matter? thanks so much!

bmx

actually bmx breaks might not have long enough levers. Just get something that doesn't have any built in switches.

i used a bmx lever off my old haro, its a tight fit but the one i have is pretty small... try and find a bigger one if you can

I am using a motion pro throttle with a set of lusito levers. i got the levers from treatland, and picked up the throttle from my local powersports store. chin actually reccomended the throttle.

True story the setup is pretty fetch. If you need a brake light sensor get something like the hobbit has. The brake light switch is built into the cable but like others have said brake lights are for squids. The motion pro once all installed is one of the best feeling throttle assemblies around. Ask Durdan, Matt, Jewish, ect.

I really dig the motion pro from 1977mopeds.

I bought one of the cheaper CNC throttles previously from ebay and it's not as good of quality over all. although I do like the knurled throttle.

I was just looking at Treats! Vortex motion pro last night, it looks Hot! I almost ordered one this morning, but I don't have a use for it yet.

http://www.treatland.tv/motion-pro-vortex-throttle-p/motion-pro-vortex-throttle.htm

I almost forgot. You gotta find one with the hollow tensioner bolt for the cable to sit in against. If you don't get a bolt thing with it, it won't work unless you come up with an idea. I had to make one in a lathe from a large galvanized steel bolt from ace hardware.

the 1977mopeds motion pro has the bolt, I don't really know if the Treats! vortex model comes with one or not. (it's not in the picture) The CNC Throttles on ebay might come with one if you get the cable setup with it. The CNC throttle I got from ebay is the one I had to make a tensioner for.

not sure if it was started or not, but you may have to drill knarp catch on the throttle. as these do need cable knarps.

the hardest part of the entire throttle assembly is getting a very small barrel that will fit the throttle assembly. treats doeesn't sell it, none of my local dirt bike places do either. i have had to rig each one.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account