Estoril on a Garelli

Somebody stop me... I'm gonna do it.

anybody have advice on how to make it fit? and what range of jets should I try once it's on there?

Re: Estoril on a Garelli

nobody should stop you, I did it too.

This is what I did. I had some help. But we heated it up with a torch and bent it to fit the angled exhaust. If you don't want to do that, take your stock exhaust, cut the header, and cut off header of the estoril and then weld the stock one up.

Either one of them is going to get annoying at some point. Just warning you.

No idea about the jet range, my carb isn't stock.

oh yeah, and the pipe won't be so pretty after riding it for a second. The sealant paint or whatever can't hold up to the heat that the pipe gets so it starts to burn away. I was like "AHH! ohhh..." when I saw a huge amount of white smoke bellowing up from the middle of my exhaust.

I was planning on giving it a coat of high-temp satin black anyway... the cops around here seem pretty wise to flashy pipes.

do it! post pics.

hypothetically, how ridiculous would it be to weld a ninja g2 up to my supersportXL? i know it would be ridiculous, but i would like to know, in your opinions, how ridiculous.

You'd have to change your name to "Rick Diculous"

is that a dare? cause i am just dumb enough to do it.

Depending on your set-up (all according to the forums not personal experience) do a G2 if you're stock and a G3 if yous got a kit.

But here's what you should really do, sell that pipe and then contact angelo about those performance ones I showed you like two weeks ago. Then tell me what happens.

dude, who is angelo, and where are the performance ones? i never saw any info on where to get them, but i would totally try on out.

Yeah I'm not really sure what you're talking about either... post a link

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=540328&t=539988

email:

cybershop@libero.it

I really want the polini, but no moneys. I think that these pipes are in low supply, so if you guys are the types that buy extras to sell later...I got first dibs.

cool, thanks alex. i remember the thread, but you never came off where to get them. as soon as i come up with the extra cash, i'm getting that malossi. unfortunately it will have to wait a little bit, all my money is going into my AV10 build right now.

yeah, my plan was to sell my estoril before going through the shit to fit it to my garelli and then buy one of these and then tell everybody where to get them. Sort of as a silly attempt to make sure I got one.

Then I decided that the estoril is a good pipe and why take the gamble when I can't really afford it.

Somebody post a review when you put it on.

you are a tricky one arent you?

Alex, how'd you fit the estoril on your bike? did you weld it onto the stock header or re-bend it?

well, I ordered it. I'm in the process of installing a 2-speed NOI on my bike this week, so between these two upgrades I'll have lots of new variables for breaking down at the Brodeo.

Now what kind of jet range should I try with this thing? Right now I'm running a 14:12 with a size 52... without changing the carb, I'm guessing the estoril's gonna need something closer to a 70?

I re-bent it. More like this guy named bingo from our group was like "why weld it? you can just go like this!" and then he tried to bend it. So we heated it up and hit it with a hammer for like 5 minutes. It was insanely unscientific and we quit heating and hitting and sweating at exactly the right time to test it.

I decided to try it because it was just bending the header and worst case scenario is we would mess up and I'd have to cut off that header and re-weld.

awesome. did you have any problems with your pedals?

nope, they were in the clear. I took a picture with my camera-phone but it didn't work out so great.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

My internet has been down so i just caught wind of this thread.

My SSxl : 1spd NOI

21mm dellorto PHBG CS(90jet)

Malossi E12 filter

Estoril cut/weld to stock header.

I have to fix the mount for it cuz the metal is flimsy. But pedals clear no prob. Paint really sucks on this thing. but..performs pretty decent. Im trying to figure out my phbg right now..not sure if im jetted right but have idling issues at the moment. Trying to figure my carb before i put on polini.

I've just replaced my engine with the 2-speed NOI (evil chuckle), 10th front sprocket and 32th rear, I'm getting a spark, gas and compression but I think my timing is off, she wouldn't fire up tonight... Once I do though, look out. The bike this engine came off of was 30mph with a 50th rear, and the bike I put it on was doing 30 with a 1-speed NOI and the aluminum flat-head piston.

Hopefully I'll be able to work out this estoril business before next weekend, I'll most likely be doing some serious jet drilling/plug chopping to make the pipe play nice with my stupid 14.12

trik20, throw a kit on that bitch. Once you figure out your jetting without it, you're going to have to re-figure it out with the kit on.

what'd you get that 2-speed off of? Do you have a garelli limited around or something?

We should start an ssxl picture thread on the gen forum. I wanna see all yous guyses bikes. You won't see mine, though, it doesn't have a seat yet, I've been riding with a fucking pillow.

I got the 2-speed off a busted-ass Rallysport that some poor 80 year old man wiped out/soft seized so his son sold it to me for $100. I totally lucked out, the thing was so beat up I almost didn't bother checking it out, dude had no idea it was a 2-speed and when I saw it I just kinda played it cool...

I'm pretty sure that not all limited models came with 2-speeds either, because of state laws... the bike I put the 2-speed on is a limited-style Rallysport, but had a single speed engine.

Anyway, two-speed Rallysports exist, you just have to train your eye to tell the fatter clutch housing, since gasoline spills effectively erase Garelli's stupid "2sp" decal located directly under the gas cap. I saw one go for $90 on Ebay this week in NJ, the seller didn't know and some lucky bastard probably got more than they bargained for... I hope someone from MA scored that...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270258176498&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

i started a show us your garelli thread in the general forum. so yeah, show us your garelli. i want to see them. especially the pillow seat !! seriously.

by the way trik, JoeP has NOI kits for 175 a piece. jump on that shit before they are all gone. email me and i'll give you his address.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account