athena/e-50 sneak peek

just a peek at this build. this sacramento bike is still under wraps though....

Re: athena/e-50 sneak peek

nice!

cute ;)

Tyler Jacobson /

nice is it paint or powdercoat? i had trouble keeping blasting media out of the threads on the case. did you grind the edges and logo back to silver or mask them off?

yah they were polished off after the medium dried. It is not powder coat. It is a new ppg ceramic paint that i am experimenting with. It is 3 part and sprayed through a gun.

the paint is surprisingly thick. it took a 1.5mm tip to spray without clogging.

Whats that? an engine?

does it come with a moped

soon.

Nice, I have one too!!!!! I cant wait to ride it tonight, gonna be fast as shit I hope with 16 to 1 comp / 20mm PHBG / 6 P / Powedynamo / combo.

i tapped the motor mounts out so i can bolt it on both sides with round head stainless allen bolts. much cleaner than a rusty through bolt i think.

! http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/concubidated/moped/IMG00710.jpg

Hellarad Johnnny Johnnny /

good choice, everyone knows black is the fastest.

yep. and you cant go back.

Now thats a good idea, clean as hell

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Did you use the same paint on the cylinder/head? Will that affect cooling at all?

yah it is the same paint. it is alot thinner though. The paint is designed to disperse the heat out instead of absorbing and burning up like others. This is the first time ive used this type so its an experiment, but this is the exact application it was designed for. should work just fine

You know what your doing. Obviously...

yah sorta... im figuring it out haha

crappy pic of the engine mounts. same on both sides. no nuts or lockwashers to look at

next level.

bryan... yours is next.

Ryan, have you gotten yours up and running yet? Im curious to see how it ran with the 6p. I am going to run a similar setup too. 21mm dellorto though.

Not yet...

Some magnets on the powerdynamo decided to come off the magneto. :(

I am in the process of epoxy-ing them back on.

Talk about a night ruiner when the last thing to do is put the magneto on and time it.

What head did you use?

All I had left that would not hit the piston was the athena 70cc high comp head...

oh really??? thats sucks!

your head is hitting the piston? i was afraid of that... I might have to upgrade then. The one in the pic is the original 50cc head. I was told to stay away from the high compression one due to an even lower profile? Let me know how that one works. I havent got to turn this over yet either, i need to time and i am still waiting for a new coil. intake is all setup though! please keep me updated on this kit. no one else seems to have experience with it. This is basically an experiment for treats too!

Harold has some experience with it, how much I do not know?

The reason all my heads hit the piston, is that I take almost 1/4 inch off them and I am out of "stock" high comp heads, so you may be ok still. ( after tightening the head down, it would hit just turning it over by hand )

I did mill this one down to the 50cc squish, tho.

It should fly, but with alot of tuning ahead.

yah i can turn it by hand and no hitting so i would assume im ok so far! i hate to ask this but with your 6p and that 20mm what did you end up jetting to?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Is that the 50 or the 70 kit?

Thats the 50 kit

I have a 60 idle, 96 main, w8 needle with the clip at the top in the 20mm No filter

If your head is torqued down and it doesnt hit by had, you should be safe.

no thats the 70cc kit!!!

70 dude.

its a 70 kit.

Harold is the only person who has ever run the athena 50cc kit in the states. I have one, and apparently you have one, Ryan. I haven't had the time to get mine on yet. I've got a lot of other projects, like swapping my lighting over from 6v to 12. The kit will come after that.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account