Bravo Clutch

I recently added a simonini circuit pipe, malossi air filter and rejetted my Bravo, every thing else is stock. Top speed is definitely up, to around 30-35 flat (given enough space and time, it takes awhile but it will get there) and I have come close to 40 downhill. (all speeds as indicated by speedometer, so not very accurate) My problem however is that acceleration is non-existent. From a stand still the bike will not pull me up my driveway which is a very slight up slope. I feel the motor is running as it should but the clutch is the problem? I cannot set the idle speed low enough to get the rear wheel to not spin yet it feels like the clutch is not grabbing very well during acceleration. I can hear the clutch shoes rubbing while it idles. Also while standing next to the bike and giving it gas, it still takes off very slowly with a lot of clutch slipping, so I know its not just my weight problem. Any thoughts....

Re: Bravo Clutch

And a Picture...

1216839085_dscf0508.jpg

Brian Smithmeyer /

Have you taken the rear clutch apart? I would do that and check your shoes. They can sometimes have grease and/or oil on them. Take a piece of sandpaper and clean them up a little bit.

Is the belt slipping on the front variator at all?

Don't all Bravo's come with a variator? Could it be your belt is worn and slipping?

Here is a picture of the clutch assembly. The shoes measure about 3-4mm or about 1/4 in in thickness. There is no visible oil on the shoes or in the drum. The belt measures about 12mm wide and appears to have a little bit of a smooth shine on the sides which I take to be medium wear? I don't think the belt is slipping but I am not sure. Could be a combination of both? I have heard some people use standard automotive belts for their bikes, do these work or is the $25-$30 malossi belt worth it? Thanks for the help

1216845295_dscf0510.jpg

Oh I forgot, I wanted to inspect the clutch shoe springs and cannot seem to loosen the large nut holding the clutch assembly together. I know the clutch/pulley spring to putting some pressure on the nut, but I can't seem to hold the clutch unit tight enought to loosen the nut. Any tips... Thanks again.

the spring is fine you need to take some aluminum oxide sand paper and ruff up those pads and also the surface they contact inside the bell then rub them down with rubbing alcohol but be careful not to take too much out of the pads and also if you need to take apart the clutch put it in a vise clamp that nut fucking sux to take off. If you need anymore help let me know.

Joey

A little cleaning helped out a lot. Now I think I have variator issues. My variator seems to not want to return to the widest position leaving me in a higher gear when I want to accelerate from a stop light. Everything in the drivetrain is stock so I wonder if the rear pulley spring is worn out? Anyway, thanks to all for the help

try cleaning up ur varriator and weights they might be gunked up

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account