Puch Maxi Luxe seat mod.

I just ordered a drag handlebar for my Puch. Its not a true cafe style, however it is straight with a 2" drop.

Question- I have the origional seat and would like to modify it so I sit lower on the ped and make it more comfortable to ride with the new handlebars

Do any of you have any tips for "dropping" the seat about 3-4"?

Re: Puch Maxi Luxe seat mod.

Check out "this" set on flickr. Its good and it works.

Fuck. This set

"this" set? sorry..I'm an idiot. what does that mean?

click on the blue "this "

probably the most productive moped-related thing sean has ever done.

so basically you take off the spring bracket and only use the bracket that is attached to the seat bolted through the top hole?

Dude, you are right. this is REAL helpful. I can't wait to try this out tonight. This is going to be the best Christmas ever...that is if you believe in Jesus and having inappropriate relations with alterboys.....

attched is a pic of the bike with the seat mod....worked like a charm

1216903123_mine_014.jpg

everyone with the seat mod, doesnt the front ride your crotch?

I rode it last night for about 1/2 hour and it was a little rough on the sac...I am going to rig something up to prop the back of the seat up about 1-2". It needs something between the bottom of the seat and the fender anyway.

yeah roberto insists that it isnt all that bad, i can't really believe it.

sean, who did those flickr photos, has super high bars so you sit all leaned back. much easier on the balls.

yeah...I can see on long rides how it could be tough. I do admit that the bike was more comfortable to ride with the tall bars but I feel more aerodynamic now...plus I get some weird looks from people around me who have never seen a moped with mods...all the peds around me are tomos clunkers.

yeah, but does it make you go any faster....no.

Yeah you'll probably need to fabricate something to prop up the back of the seat a bit and to help stabilize it better, but meanwhile you're half way there and its rideable!

This is true. Probably better in the General Forum or maybe Repair Forum.

ummm...aerodynamics is the study of shapes and their relation to speed gained through air travel...being lower to the frame body now, the wind is not hitting me flat in the chest anymore, hence making myself and the bike more aerodynamic....so yes...even if it is is .000001 mph faster then it works.

i know i pick up 5 mph when in a full tuck

allens doesn't think so.

Its just not "tuning" per se.

yeah...it really not. I guess when refering to body mods it makes more sense...

Old thread alert! Anyone done the seat mod described above but then propped the back up so the seat is level? I'm just wondering how people might have done it. I'm going to mod my seat tonight but I dont really want the mad angle at the front of the seat as it's goin to be my daily commuter and it doesn't look like it'd be pleasant on the old testiculay

wow...this thread was back when I was a NOOB...look at the Biturbo on there.

You cant really see it in this photos very well, but.....

I did add a 2" tall x 1.5" dia. hard rubber bushing to the center of the bottom of the metal seat pan. Attached with a 1.75" tech screw countersunk half way into the bushing. I notched the bottom of the bushing so it would set over the flange on the frame (also keeps the bushing centered when sitting on the seat)

1294317384_bike_112.jpg

you can kind of see it in this pic...I should have taken photos when I was doing it.

1294317577_bike_081.jpg

Brill thanks buddy! I imagined maybe an old car engine mount with the studs cut off thanks for the pics :D

Puch Maxi Luxe seat mod.

the stock seat mod is pretty good and easy and it would be cool if you cut the spring in half(or just shorten it a bit) and then welded them(or it) onto the frame so the seat has some spring too it. But you would also have to cut down the front seat post area s the seat has room to pivot

Bumping an old thread. I'm in the process of mounting my chopped seat. Did it exactly like the pics show, but the hole in the seat bracket doesn't match up with the hole in the frame, and it doesn't look like any amount of dremeling will line them up (unless I also dremel the frame, which I am trying to avoid). Am I the only one that ran into this problem? Are people dremeling the hold in the frame to raise it up at all?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account